Yaoundé ● Thu, January 27 2022
Achraf Hakimi curled in a long-range free kick as Morocco came from behind to beat Malawi 2-1 in the last-16 round of the Africa Cup of Nations on Tuesday and stay on course for its first African title in over 45 years.
Meanwhile, Senegal’s Sadio Mane scored but then went off with a head injury as it beat nine-man Cape Verde Islands 2-0 in the tournament's other last-16 round at the Kouekong Stadium in Bafoussam on Tuesday.
Fullback Hakimi's precise strike completed the turn-around at the Ahmadou Ahidjou Stadium after Youssef en-Nesyri had equalized on the stroke of halftime.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- France win World Cup after beating Croatia 4-2 in Moscow
- US wins World Cup over Netherlands on Megan Rapinoe penalty kick, Rose Lavelle goal
- Manchester City Beat Arsenal 3-0 To Win League Cup
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Latest match results
- Countdown to Russia: Socrates’ headband to Stoichkov’s tantrums, we look back at the best No8s in World Cup history
- US women's soccer World Cup ticker tape parade marked by calls for equal pay
- US Women's National Team discuss 'dynasty' after 4th World Cup title
- Why isn’t Liam Williams playing for Wales vs South Africa in Rugby World Cup semi-final?
- World Cup 2018: Croatian President Celebrates Wildly, Russian PM Isn't Amused
- How Goldman Sachs' computers lost World Cup
- Melbourne Cup: Trainer’s son steals the spotlight after being given centre stage
- England outclass Sweden to advance to World Cup semi-finals where they will face Croatia
- World Series 2019: All the Records the Nationals Broke to Win Historic First Title
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Latest team standings
- 'We performed desperately': fans review the Rugby World Cup
- Rugby World Cup: England to play Australia after Wales set up France clash and Scotland crash out
- World Cup 2018: Russia's Fairytale Run Ends In Tears
- Wales team to face Australia named as Alun Wyn Jones breaks caps record in massive Rugby World Cup clash
- Hockey Women's World Cup: Rani Rampal's equaliser against USA takes India to knockouts
- Have an undefeated team ever failed to win the title?
Morocco fights back with 2-1 win, reaches Cup of Nations quarters have 388 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 27, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.