The NHL has revealed its rosters for the 2022 All-Star Game in Las Vegas, with some significant names missing from the teams.
The All-Star Game will again feature four divisional teams — Metropolitan, Atlantic, Central and Pacific — playing in a 3-on-3 tournament. It’s the first All-Star Game since the 2019-20 season, as last season’s edition did not happen due to the pandemic-shortened season.
The All-Star Game will be Feb. 5 (3 p.m. ET on ABC and simulcast on ESPN+) with the Skills Competition taking place the day before on Feb. 4 (7:30 p.m. ET on ESPN) from T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
Each team consists of 11 players. The initial 10 players for each team include a team captain as voted in by the fans and nine players selected by NHL Hockey Operations. The remaining player for each divisional team will also be voted in by the fans as the “Last Man In,” with the NHL having selected one for each team. Voting for the “Last Man In” runs through 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday.
Here are the 2022 NHL All-Star rosters:
“Last Man In” ballot: Cam Atkinson , Philadelphia Flyers; Mathew Barzal , New York Islanders; Jesper Bratt , New Jersey Devils; Jake Guentzel , Pittsburgh Penguins; Evgeny Kuznetsov , Washington Capitals; Andrei Svechnikov , Carolina Hurricanes; Jakub Voracek , Philadelphia Flyers; Mika Zibanejad , New York Rangers
Forwards: Drake Batherson , Ottawa Senators ; Patrice Bergeron , Boston Bruins ; Jonathan Huberdeau , Florida Panthers ; Dylan Larkin , Detroit Red Wings ; Auston Matthews , Toronto Maple Leafs ; Nick Suzuki , Montreal Canadiens
“Last Man In” ballot: Aleksander Barkov , Florida Panthers; Charlie McAvoy , Boston Bruins; Lucas Raymond , Detroit Red Wings; Steven Stamkos , Tampa Bay Lightning; John Tavares , Toronto Maple Leafs; Tage Thompson , Buffalo Sabres; Brady Tkachuk , Ottawa Senators; Tyler Toffoli , Montreal Canadiens
Forwards: Alex DeBrincat , Chicago Blackhawks ; Kyle Connor , Winnipeg Jets ; Kirill Kaprizov , Minnesota Wild ; Clayton Keller , Arizona Coyotes ; Jordan Kyrou , St. Louis Blues ; Nathan MacKinnon , Colorado Avalanche ; Joe Pavelski , Dallas Stars
Defensemen: Cale Makar , Colorado Avalanche
“Last Man In” ballot: Ryan Hartman , Minnesota Wild; Seth Jones , Chicago Blackhawks; Roman Josi , Nashville Predators; Nazem Kadri , Colorado Avalanche; Phil Kessel , Arizona Coyotes; Jason Robertson , Dallas Stars; Mark Scheifele , Winnipeg Jets; Robert Thomas , St. Louis Blues
Forwards: Leon Draisaitl , Edmonton Oilers ; Jordan Eberle , Seattle Kraken ; Johnny Gaudreau , Calgary Flames ; Adrian Kempe , Los Angeles Kings ; Connor McDavid , Edmonton Oilers; Timo Meier , San Jose Sharks ; Mark Stone , Vegas Golden Knights
Defensemen: Alex Pietrangelo , Vegas Golden Knights
“Last Man In” ballot: Logan Couture , San Jose Sharks; Drew Doughty , Los Angeles Kings; Mark Giordano , Seattle Kraken; Jonathan Marchessault , Vegas Golden Knights; J.T. Miller , Vancouver Canucks; Darnell Nurse , Edmonton Oilers; Troy Terry , Anaheim Ducks; Matthew Tkachuk , Calgary Flames
The 3-on-3 format means it isn’t a traditional meritocracy All-Star selection process. Among the significant names missing from the All-Star rosters are Penguins star Sidney Crosby , Rangers winger Artemi Panarin and goalie Igor Shesterkin , Bruins leading scorer Brad Marchand , Panthers defenseman Aaron Ekblad , Maple Leafs forward William Nylander and defenseman Morgan Rielly , Predators forward Matt Duchene , Blues winger Vladimir Tarasenko , and Kings leading scorer Anze Kopitar .
The NHL season will resume after the All-Star Weekend, as the league opted out of allowing its players to participate in the Beijing Olympics due to the disruption of its regular-season schedule by COVID-19. The NHL has postponed close to 130 games due to outbreaks on teams and Canada’s restrictions on arena capacity.
Despite the unique challenges of the schedule, NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly told ESPN that a player who is named to the All-Star Game roster but does not participate in the event must miss either one game before or after the All-Star break, as has been league policy for several seasons.
- New video game eSports Boxing Club to feature Ultimate Team style mode with Joe Frazier added to growing big-name roster
- Some big names remain unsigned late in NFL’s odd offseason
- Almost famous! TikTok users proudly reveal their VERY minor roles in big name films and TV shows- including a bus passenger in Killing Eve and an unnamed soldier in Dunkirk
- MLB All-Star Game canceled amid pandemic-shortened season
- Big Brother star Josie Gibson reveals she faced ‘death threats and back stabbing’ after winning 2010 show
- Zara and Mike Tindall's '£200,000 deal': Couple add to their portfolio of big name brand partnerships with an ambassadorship for 'digital health passports' designed to get sport up and running after COVID-19
- PHT remembers video games: Sony made a surprisingly long series of hockey/NHL games
- What you should know about the Summer Game Fest
- NHL Power Rankings: Top Draft Lottery memories
- PHT Morning Skate: NHL vs. viruses; Flat salary cap pain = Avs’ gain?
- PHT remembers video games: ‘Hit the Ice’ in so, so many different ways
- Mock Draft: Projecting top picks for the 2020 NHL Draft after part one of draft lottery
- The best indie games on Nintendo Switch (July 2020)
- Xbox Series X will have THOUSANDS of games available to play at launch, Microsoft reveals
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Fallout 76 And More New Games In Early July
- The best Android apps and games of the week: Spider-Man Unlimited and more
- Indie Game Marketplace Raises $8.1 Million Dollars For Charity
- Winnie Harlow walks arm-in-arm with Lakers basketball star beau Kyle Kuzma as they emerge from Teyana Taylor's star-studded album party
- Puck woes: NHL’s bottom line facing short-term blow
- PHT remembers hockey video games: “NHL Hitz 2003” still delivers
NHL All-Star Game rosters revealed, with some big names omitted amid 3-on-3 format have 989 words, post on abcnews.go.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.