Duty-free shops at Noi Bai Airport have reported big losses due to falling passenger numbers during the Covid-19 pandemic.
A duty-free shop at Noi Bai Airport
Noibai Airport Services Joint Stock Company (Nasco) which runs the duty-free shop chain at the airport, has just reported a loss of VND137 billion (USD5.95 million) for 2021. This was the second consecutive year that Nasco incurred losses but it was the biggest loss since the company’s operation.
“Nasco, which is a subsidiary of Vietnam Airlines, made a revenue of VND251 billion in 2021, a fall of 26 percent on-year,” the report said.
Explaining their major losses in 2021, the company said that Hanoi experienced two Covid-19 outbreaks which had badly affected their operations. Most of Nasco’s shops at Noi Bai Airport had to close during the social distancing period from July 24 to September 21. After the social distancing rules were lifted, the number of passengers was still low. Meanwhile, they faced increasing costs of materials and transportation as well as rising loans.
As of December 31, 2021, Nasco’s total asset was VND 266 billion, a fall of 40 percent against the figures announced at the beginning of the year,” the report said.
- Medic says 10% of Covid-19 infections in Bangkok are Delta variant
- COVID-19: What Are The Symptoms? When Should You Seek Hospital Admission?
- Support offered to students staying at university dorms during the COVID-19 pandemic
- After two years with COVID-19, Kolkata reflects on losses and lessons
- Today’s coronavirus news: Vaccinated travellers to Canada don't need a COVID-19 test starting Friday
- PM confirms expanded COVID-19 testing criteria after National Cabinet meeting
- In 2022, the world's strongmen could fall on their Covid-19 swords
- Report: 1,600 New Mexico children lost caregiver to COVID-19
- For churchgoers during the Covid-19 pandemic, a deadly lesson from the 1918 flu
- UK's NHS adds 9 new Covid-19 symptoms to its official list as free testing ends, details here
- COVID-19: Wuhan partially reopens from months-long isolation
- South Koreans flock overseas for 'revenge travel' as Covid-19 rules ease
- White House Covid-19 Funds Running Out — Here’s What That Means For Treatments, Tests And Vaccines
- COVID-19 death toll at Jeta Gardens aged care home reaches 15 but ADF not called in
- World TB Day 2022: Questionnaires On Tuberculosis Treatment And Its Link To COVID-19
- World TB Day 2022: FAQs On Tuberculosis Treatment And Its Link To COVID-19
- China’s Shanghai tightens Covid-19 lockdown rules, bars citizens from leaving homes
- Maharashtra Decides to do Away With all Covid-19 Curbs As Cases Wane; Mask Use Now Optional
- Vietjet reports profit in 2021 despite impacts from COVID-19
- Sesame Workshop India launches new emotional health and wellbeing resources for families grappling with Covid-19 impact
Noi Bai duty-free shops report big losses due to Covid-19 have 419 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.