Denise van Outen ‘s ex-fiancé Eddie Boxshall has said he is “deeply sorry” and “ashamed” over sending texts of a sexual nature behind her back, which led to the end of their relationship.
It was announced earlier this year that the pair, who starred on Celebrity Gogglebox, had ended their seven year relationship .
There was speculation that commodities trader Eddie, 49, had cheated on West End performer Denise, 47 – and now he has broken his silence.
Eddie has acknowledged that he made a “mistake” by sending sexual texts to someone else, and he said he is “deeply sorry” and feels “ashamed”.
Getty Images Europe)
He spoke about the end of the relationship in an interview with The Sun , and admitted that he swapped up to 20 sex texts behind Denise’s back.
They were sent on a single night after a few drinks, he said, as he added that he “deeply regret[s] that [he] sent those messages” and “hurt Denise”.
Eddie however insisted that he didn’t betray his then-fiancée Denise on any other occasion and that other photos of women she discovered were innocent.
The Sun reports that Eddie was confronted by Denise over texts and photos found on his iPad. He has alleged that she yelled abuse at him and accused him of cheating.
He commented: “She was in a rage, screaming obscenities at me, that she didn’t want me in her life any more, and my life was going to be ruined without her.”
Eddie – who has two children from a previous relationship – said that he was “helped” out of the house the couple shared.
The father-of-two said he had hoped the relationship was “strong enough to withstand a mistake” made at a “very dark time” in his life – but acknowledges trust has been broken.
Do you enjoy reading about celebrities? Sign up for all the best celeb news from the Mirror here .
He said the messages were exchanged with another woman amid financial issues he was facing due to a court case, with Denise said to have later found a screenshot of such.
Eddie said he’s tried to apologise to Denise – claiming to have sent messages expressing his regret and love – with him adding that he feels “embarrassed” and “ashamed”.
The Sun reports that Denise had also found risqué pictures of other women on his phone, though Eddie claimed they were innocent – with one unsolicited, for example.
The former Celebrity Gogglebox star said he has “kept quiet” for a while and alleged that he begged Denise not to speak publicly about the end of their relationship.
Eddie however said there’s been “interview after interview,” with him adding that he’s been “slaughtered” for months because of the way he’s been portrayed by his ex.
He stated that it was “one mistake” and that he “will always love Denise,” adding that he hopes the former couple can now both leave the past behind them.
The Mirror approached reps of Denise for comment.
Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.
- Study says that teenage texts = teenage sex
- Kaby Lake overclocking tested: the quest for 5GHz
- Revisiting Deus Ex: Invisible War, one of PC gaming's biggest disappointments
- Sleeping Dogs Favors Guide
- Underage sexting isn’t ruining lives, draconian laws are (and we need to change them)
- Here Are the Final Fantasy XIV Letter from the Producer Live Q&A Summary and Relevant Screencaps
- Saturday Crapshoot: Tender Loving Care
- GTA 5 Strangers and Freaks Missions Walkthrough Guide
- Holiday Retrospective: What happened in July 2011
- The Best Minivans You Can Buy
- Seriously, has Anthony Weiner not heard of Snapchat?
- Opinion: The Question
- Challenge: The Automyth, Or Automated Monomyth
- If You Read This Article, You’ve Raped Me
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Designer Answers a Gazillion Questions About… Everything, Really
- Robotic Cars: The Future of Automotive Technology
- The Weekly Wrap – Dead Island’s disastrous launch, US sales fall again
- Nvidia Shield Android TV review
- From Xbox One Exclusive Scalebound to Final Fantasy XV, PAX Prime has Gaming Panels and Events Aplenty
- SPOTLIGHT ON SECURITY The Apache Web Server's Not-So-Secret Weakness
Denise van Outen's ex Eddie Boxshall admits sending 20 sex tests behind her back have 753 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.