The No Time To Die star, 45, wowed in an eye-catching sheer white gown with a cinched waist design.
She looked elegant in a pair of white heels, while carrying a shimmering silver clutch bag to match her accessories.
Beautiful: Naomie Harris looked incredible as she arrived at the Women in Cinema Celebration event during the 75th Annual Cannes Film festival in France on Saturday
Naomie’s raven locks were styled in long braids while she opted for a blush makeup palette.
Earlier in the day, she touched down in the lavish location and was spotted in the airport wearing blue jeans, a crop top and matching shoes.
Share this article
After Cannes was entirely cancelled in 2020 and held under strict health protocols in 2021, the red carpet returned in all its glamour on Tuesday night for the Opening Ceremony.
There is set to be an array of TikTok stars taking to the red carpet this year after organisers sought to refresh their image by partnering with the video streaming platform, which is sponsoring an award for short films.
Stylish: The No Time To Die star, 45, wowed in an eye-catching sheer white gown with a cinched waist design
In total, some 35,000 film professionals are expected to attend the festival between May 17 and 28, hoping for a return to form for cinema’s most glamorous event after two years when it was hampered by Covid-19 restrictions.
‘We are ready. The town hall has just redone everything – the whole place – so we hope it will go well,’ said Jeremie Tripet, manager of ‘L’Avenue’, a bistro just off the main drag known as La Croisette.
One major exception is the absence of Russians, due to the impact of sanctions over the war in Ukraine and a ruling from the organisers that state-linked delegates are not welcome. China is also expected to have a limited presence due to its continuing Covid restrictions.
Looking good: She looked elegant in a pair of white heels, while carrying a shimmering silver clutch bag to match her accessories
But otherwise the festival is keen to put the pandemic in the past, with no mandatory masks or health passes this year – and no restrictions to partying.
Film fans can get stuck into the usual feast of new releases and competition entries, braving the festival’s famously opinionated crowds, who are never shy about cheering and booing during screenings.
There are 21 films in the race for the Palme d’Or, including the latest body-horror fable from David Cronenberg, Crimes of the Future, starring Lea Seydoux and Kristen Stewart.
The Canadian director told IndieWire it is likely to cause walkouts ‘within the first five minutes’.
Natural beauty: Naomie’s raven locks were styled in long braids while she opted for a blush makeup palette
There are only five women directors in the competition, hoping to follow the success of last year’s winner, Titane, which made Julia Ducournau only the second female to win the Palme.
Alongside all the glitz, festival director Thierry Fremaux said Cannes aimed to keep the war in Ukraine in the spotlight.
‘Together we will have a great festival – we will think a lot about cinema without ever stopping thinking about Ukraine.’
The final film by Lithuanian director Mantas Kvedaravicius, who was killed by Russian forces in Ukraine last month, will get a special screening.
Casual: Earlier in the day, she touched down in the lavish location while wearing blue jeans, a crop top and matching pointed shoes
He was shooting a follow-up to his celebrated documentary Mariupolis, about the conflict in Ukraine’s Donbas region, when he was reportedly captured and killed.
The main competition also includes exiled Russian Kirill Serebrennikov, who was unable to attend for his two previous nominations due to a politically charged conviction for embezzlement back home.
Fremaux said the festival wanted to lend a hand to ‘the Russians who take risks to resist’ while offering ‘absolute and non-negotiable support to the Ukrainian people’.
The jury charged with selecting the winners this year includes Indian superstar Deepika Padukone and Iran’s two-time Oscar-winning director Asghar Farhadi, and is headed by French actor Vincent Lindon.
The world’s biggest film festival will conclude with the Closing Ceremony on May 28.
Return: After Cannes was entirely cancelled in 2020 and held under strict health protocols in 2021, the red carpet returned in all its glamour on Tuesday night for the Opening Ceremony
- Alessandra Ambrosio leads the glamour in eye-catching ivory mini dress
- Eva Green: Former Bond Girl stuns in sheer black gown at Dumbo screening in Paris
- Cheryl stuns in a VERY low-cut gown as she exits the Global Awards
- Karlie Kloss commands attention in bold yellow gown with a HUGE train
- Karlie Kloss dazzles alongside Naomi Campbell at PFW party
- Cheryl dazzles in a glitzy strapless rainbow gown
- Sophia Loren, 84, oozes glamour at the MSC Bellisima cruise event
- AnnaLynne McCord wows in leather corset top and jeans for LA event
- Tigerlily Taylor flashes her abs in crop top as she attends bar launch
- Jenna Coleman stuns in suit as she joins Pixie Geldof at Gucci event
- Cheryl rocks semi-sheer rainbow crochet gown at Global Awards
- Kate Middleton attends gala the National Portrait Gallery
- Kim Kardashian responds to Naomi Campbell copycat claims
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle visit a boarding house in Morocco
- Penelope Cruz wows in beautiful white dress at Pain and Glory premiere in Spain
- Asheville Women's March organizers motivated by 'woman wave' of civic engagement
- What Happened to the 20 Women Who Accused Trump of Sexual Misconduct
- Harry and Meghan's first 100 days: A royal triumph – except for her Daddy problem
- What we know about Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry's royal baby, due in the spring
- Prince Harry and pregnant Duchess Meghan meet fans in Merseyside, home to the Beatles
Naomie Harris wows in an eye-catching sheer white gown as she attends Cannes' Women in Cinema event have 984 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 22, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.