The Queen arrives at her Platinum Jubilee Celebration
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The Queen arrived for the show's finale celebration on Sunday evening. The show was called 'A Gallop Through History,' and she arrived with her youngest son, Prince Edward. Edward is now the president of the Royal Windsor Horse Show, taking over a role previously held by his late father, Prince Philip.
The Queen's ensemble for this celebration was a mix of day and evening attire.
She wore a blue dress with sparkling crystal embellishments, covered by a pale blue cardigan and by a larger grey wrap that was also festooned with crystals.
The Queen also wore comfortable black shoes and carried a silk scarf and one of her usual black handbags.
A walking stick and a lift within the stands helped her arrive safely at her seat.
Queen Elizabeth stuns at Royal Windsor Horse Show finale (Image: GETTY)
The Queen wore a crystal blue dress with her signature pearl earrings (Image: GETTY)
The Queen arrived with her walking stick (Image: GETTY)
The Queen kept her jewels casual as well as comfortable.
She wore her signature diamond and pearl button earrings.
The monarch added a three-stranded pearl necklace beneath the neckline of her dress.
Royal fans took to social media praising the monarch’s style.
Twitter user @arduina08 said: “She was beaming with happiness, this is so heartwarming.”
Another fan, @Jlmartin1234 wrote: “Looking great!”
Royal watcher @DebbyCASTLE2 added: “She looks beautiful. We love the Queen!”
Members of Prince Philip's extended German family were in attendance too.
He traditionally organised a family house party for his German relatives during the Windsor Horse Show each May, and the Queen appears to have continued the tradition.
The Queen was ‘beaming with happiness’ at the Jubilee event (Image: GETTY)
Sophie Wessex also attended the horse show last night (Image: GETTY)
Prince Donatus of Hesse and his wife, Princess Floria, were spotted in the royal box on Sunday evening.
Sophie, Countess of Wessex was seated near the Queen in the royal box as well.
She wore evening jewels, including her multi-gem earrings and their coordinating ring.
Sophie recently wore these same jewels at the Arab Women of Year Awards in March.
Countess Mountbatten, who has been a fixture at the horse show over the years, was also in the royal box, wearing elegant pearls.
Platinum Jubilee – full list of events (Image: EXPRESS)
One more member of the Royal Family was present as well, Lady Louise Windsor.
The daughter of Edward and Sophie Wessex was an active part of the show.
She drove the carriage that belonged to the late Duke of Edinburgh in a segment showcasing royal carriages.
Louise wore a pair of earrings set with sparkling pink and white gemstones, plus the two brooches she's had on her coat throughout this year's show.
One of the brooches was a gift from her grandfather. This brooch features the horse and reins, which Louise has worn frequently at events celebrating the late Duke's memory.
- The Queen's 'gorgeous dress' was 'subtle but firm' to honour Ukraine - 'inspirational'
- The Queen uses ‘unusual gesture’ in first outing since catching Covid
- Princess Alexandra of Kent stuns in blue for Commonwealth Day - 'she’s beautiful'
- Queen 'firing on all cylinders' as she carries out two more engagements with huge smile
- Royal Family: ‘No class!’ Harry & Meghan row erupts as couple fail to support Queen
- Queen Elizabeth news: Charles blasts Ukraine war as ‘attack on democracy’ as monarch, 95, returns after covid battle
- Queen Elizabeth news – Prince Harry ‘WON’T bother showing up for Platinum Jubilee as he can’t face seeing Royal Family’
- Future Queen Camilla beaming in first Commonwealth service since emotional royal trip
- Camilla Duchess of Cornwall stuns in blue to meet Netflix 'alter ego' -'can't believe it!'
- Queen Elizabeth news latest – Monarch rests rest her ‘croaky voice’ as MAJOR oversees tours given to royal family
- Queen Elizabeth news latest – Her Majesty postpones ANOTHER event as Prince Andrew is ‘broken’ after settlement
- Pretty in pink! Queen Letizia of Spain stuns in a fuchsia frock as she joins King Felipe to hand out fine art awards in Pampalona
- Queen Elizabeth latest – Prince Charles & William stepping into Monarch’s role IMMEDIATELY after her covid health scares
- Meghan Markle joins the Queen in Cheshire - live updates
- Queen Elizabeth news: Kate & Will visit Ukrainian Cultural Centre in London & hope to do more to help but ‘feel useless’
- Queen Letizia's niece Victoria Federica wows in glittery suit and £925 shoes - 'pretty!'
- Queen Elizabeth news latest – Duchess Camilla BLASTS Russia for its ‘heartbreaking’ invasion of Ukraine at reception
- Queen Elizabeth news – Disgraced Prince Andrew seen for 1st time after settlement as monarch hosts two virtual audiences
- Sunday Conversation: Band Of Horses Ben Bridwell On New Music, Nick Cave And ‘Hammering’ Hank Aaron
- Queen Elizabeth news – Her Majesty’s HILARIOUS response to Prince Philip when told her ‘shut up you silly woman’
Queen 'beams with happiness' in pearl earrings and crystal blue dress at horse show finale have 1032 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.