THE Royal Family is helping Ukrainian refugees find safe homes in Britain — including on the Queen's Balmoral estate.
The royals have opened the doors to some of the thousands of properties they own or manage across the country.
But the refugees have not been moved into palaces or with the royals because of "security implications".
A source told The Sun on Sunday: "All royal households have been involved in helping find accommodation for refugees."
Senior Buckingham Palace sources refuse to reveal where any Ukrainian refugees are housed to protect their identity and security.
The Crown Estates owns 7,936 properties and businesses in England and Wales and the royals' move comes as 50,000 Ukrainians have arrived in the UK.
Most read in Fabulous
Buckingham Palace said: "The Royal Household is looking at a number of ways to offer practical help and support."
Help those fleeing conflict with The Sun's Ukraine Fund
PICTURES of women and children fleeing the horror of Ukraine's devastated towns and cities have moved Sun readers to tears.
Many of you want to help the five million caught in the chaos — and now you can, by donating to The Sun’s Ukraine Fund.
Give as little as £3 or as much as you can afford and every penny will be donated to the Red Cross on the ground helping women, children, the old, the infirm and the wounded.
Donate here to help The Sun’s fund
Or text to 70141 from UK mobiles
£3 — text SUN£3
Texts cost your chosen donation amount (e.g. £5) +1 standard message (we receive 100%). For full T&Cs visit redcross.org.uk/mobile
The Ukraine Crisis Appeal will support people in areas currently affected and those potentially affected in the future by the crisis.
In the unlikely event that the British Red Cross raise more money than can be reasonably and efficiently spent, any surplus funds will be used to help them prepare for and respond to other humanitarian disasters anywhere in the world.
For more information visit https://donate.redcross.org.uk/appeal/disaster-fund
- Inside Prince William and Kate Middleton’s 3 homes – including hidden Balmoral cottage
- Royal Family: Fears Harry and Meghan to RULE UK –Queen urged to take swift 'action'
- What does self isolation look like for the Royal Family? Look Inside royal Covid protocol
- Will the Royal Family walk to church in Sandringham on Christmas Day this year?
- Royal Family to make ‘late decision’ over Christmas - 'time will tell' on Harry & Meghan
- Every major event in Royal Family's 2022 calendar as Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year begins
- Royal Family LIVE: Prince George heartbreak - set to miss Christmas tradition with his dad
- Royal Family: George, Charlotte and Louis' latest outing sends fans into frenzy
- Queen Elizabeth news – Her Majesty, 95, CANCELS Christmas plans & may spend day ALONE without Royal Family for 1st time
- Properties neighbouring with Royal Family becomes 'more saleable' - 'British patronage'
- Royal Family LIVE: 'Who cares?' Sussex fan uproar as Kate 'upset' about Meghan and Harry
- Royal Family LIVE: Kate honoured by Queen days before Christmas in major coup for Duchess
- Royal Family LIVE: Demands for Kate to 'be next Queen' – Camilla snubbed despite new title
- Royal baby video: Rare footage of Royal Family in nursery on Christmas Day
- Royal Family: What do the royals do on Boxing Day? Schedule in full
- Royal Family's Christmas dinner: What do the Royals eat on Christmas Day?
- Paul O'Grady praised 'gutsy' Camilla for work in Royal Family
- Royal Family LIVE: Filling the void! Overworked Wills forced to step in after Harry bailed
- Royal Family LIVE: Meghan court ruling followed by new UK freedom of speech laws
- Royal Family LIVE: Harry and Meghan 'failing' in US – William and Kate poised to swoop in
Royal Family helps Ukrainian refugees find homes — including on Queen’s Balmoral estate have 746 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at May 21, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.