The Queen arrives at her Platinum Jubilee Celebration
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The star-studded event, which included horse displays, comedy, and singing and acting performances, featured Dame Helen Mirren, Tom Cruise, and Sir David Jason. The event encapsulated the history of the monarchy from Queen Elizabeth I to Queen Elizabeth II.
After Her Majesty’s health concerns, royal fans were delighted to see the Queen in attendance and looking in high spirits.
On Twitter @TomEBright said: "The Queen looks stunning dress in platinum silver. She's enjoying every second of it.
"Hard to believe she is 96 years old!"
@Kathless3261736 added: "She looks in her element and ever so happy…God Bless her beautiful soul."
The monarch arrived accompanied by her son Prince Edward and she used her walking stick as she made her way around.
The Queen enjoyed the final night of her first Jubilee celebration (Image: Getty)
The Queen was seen beaming throughout the performance (Image: Getty)
She wore a grey or platinum silver shawl studded along the hem with diamantes on top of a light blue dress embroidered with flowers matched with black shoes and a black handbag.
During the performance, the Queen was seen beaming from the Royal Box and at times being moved by the displays of tribute in front of her, namely watching her granddaughter Lady Louise drive the late Prince Philip's carriage.
As the carriage went by and the camera panned to the Queen, her eyes glistened slightly.
Lady Louise drove Philip’s carriage (Image: Getty)
Helen Mirren gave a stirring speech for the Queen (Image: PA Images)
The event was the perfect mixture of tender moments of tribute and comedy, which the Queen enjoyed as she showed her good sense of humour during the event.
The host Omid Djalili was given the role of keeping the audience entertained and made a joke about the Queen missing the State Opening of Parliament on Tuesday, which some people had expressed anger about.
He said: "Thank you for choosing us over the State Opening of Parliament" and the Queen gave him a wave in return.
Royal fan @Maddyforcenow tweeted about the show, saying: "Pure brilliance.
DON’T MISS: Royal POLL: Are you ashamed William was booed at the FA Cup final? (POLL) Spain leaves little to imagination with bare bum cheeks at Eurovision (INSIGHT) Horoscopes: Your weekly horoscope from astrologer Russell Grant (REVEAL)
The Queen enjoyed watching the horse displays (Image: PA Images)
"Stellar everything for Her Majesty the Queen, beaming, smiling, watching horses dancing with incredible precision, people riding with so much energy and all celebrating the Gracious Queen."
Helen Mirren gave a moving tribute to the Monarch at the end of the event, saying: "For all these years you have carried this nation…I address you on behalf of all your loyal subjects…I give you our sincere and most loving thanks."
Royal fan and Twitter user @UKUS411 tweeted: "Such a beautiful person inside and out love her and so proud to call her my Queen."
@EyreJonathan : "Such regal beauty and the service of her Majesty to the country is just sublime."
- Thanks a MILLION: That's how many people turned out to cheer the Queen on Buckingham Palace balcony at climax of four-day Jubilee
- Sad news for the Queen as lavish birthday celebrations cancelled due to coronavirus
- Rochelle Humes experiments with a bold beauty look
- Queen urges Britons to take pride in their response to the coronavirus crisis in her rousing television message to the nation
- The Queen shares sweet update during coronavirus pandemic – and you'll never guess what it is
- Exercise facials, a $120 clay mask and NOSE HAIR removal: Stars take to Instagram to reveal their beauty secrets for getting Met Gala ready
- Inside Victoria Beckham's 45th birthday: Star celebrates with donuts for breakfast, a lavish family dinner and a personalised doll from Harper... after a painful 6am wake-up from the kids
- Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor, Nargis Fakhri And More
- Jessie J dazzles in a sequinned jumpsuit as she performs concert from COVID-19 lockdown to celebrate her 32nd birthday
- Jamie Oliver, Nigella Lawson & 9 other celebrity chefs we'd love to be on lockdown with
- REVEALED: Charlotte Tilbury's five bestselling beauty products of ALL TIME - and her number one lip colour may surprise you
- Michelle Dockery thanks fans for their 'support and kindness' following fiancé's death
- Prince William and Kate Middleton publicly show support for the Queen following rare TV broadcast
- Princess Kate's Sweet State Banquet Jewelry Secret: She Wore Queen Elizabeth's Wedding Bracelet!
- Racy and lacy! Sophie Monk STUNS in a scarlet strapless dress at the Logies after being announced as the new Bachelorette as she, Rebecca Judd and other stars flash the flesh on red carpet
- Kim Kardashian Morphs Into Selena Quintanilla Making the Late Queen of Tejano Music This Year's Celeb-Loved Costume
- Kate Middleton's secret engagement: her stunning floral dress is in stock at ASOS
- Spurs stun City to go through after seven-goal thriller, VAR drama
- The Only Way Is Sussex! Showbiz royalty dance the night away with the blue-blooded originals as Harry and Meghan find their own special way to crown celebrations
- Will the Sussexes settle in Malibu? Prince Harry and Meghan Markle viewed $20million mansion in A-list neighborhood known for its privacy, opulent beach-side villas and natural beauty before quitting Canada for LA
‘Stunning’ Queen delights fans at Windsor Platinum Jubilee celebration – ‘Regal beauty’ have 1044 words, post on www.express.co.uk at May 16, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.