Elon Musk-owned electric vehicle company Tesla has started another wave of layoffs, and this time it also includes hourly workers instead of just salaried employees as the CEO claimed. Informed sources confirmed that Tesla started another wave of layoffs yesterday that included many hourly employees in its sales and delivery teams across North America, reports the auto-tech website Electrek. Surprisingly, the layoffs come amid Tesla's being in the middle of a difficult end-of-quarter delivery wave, which Musk himself warned employees about, saying that it will be "nutty".
Earlier this month, the website reported on Musk telling Tesla executives in an email that they need to cut 10 percent of the workforce and pause hiring due to having a "super bad feeling" about the economy. Later, Musk decided to clarify the Tesla layoffs in an email to all employees. He claimed that the 10 percent reduction would be for "salaried headcount" due to Tesla becoming overstaffed following a long growth phase.
He even stated that "hourly headcount will increase".
However, the website now confirmed that the electric vehicle company is also laying off hourly workers across its organisation.
- Battle of the billionaires: How Elon Musk got the edge over Jeff Bezos
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk Asks Staff to 'Go Super Hardcore' to Ensure Decent Q3 Delivery Number, Internal Mail Shows
- Tesla’s Elon Musk pushes workers to speed production
- Elon Musk Reveals The Radical Tesla ‘Cybertruck’ Electric Pickup At A Bizarre, Glitch-Filled Event
- Elon Musk takes shots at Joe Biden after SpaceX sends civilians to space
- tesla inc: Elon Musk asks staff to 'go super hardcore' to ensure decent Q3 delivery number
- Investigators to Elon Musk: Instead of Tweeting, Give Us Crash Data
- Elon Musk Juices Bitcoin Price Yet Again With His Stupid Tweets
- Elon Musk and Grimes Are Now 'Semi-Separated', Tesla CEO Says
- Elon Musk Posts Photo of New Pet Shiba Inu, Dogecoin Cryptocurrency Value Jumps
- Elon Musk Worries SpaceX Won't Get to Mars Before He Dies
- Elon Musk takes a tip from the president, starts selling hats to raise funds
- Jio Phone Features, Xiaomi Mi 5X With MIUI 9, Nokia 8 Launch Date, Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg, and More News This Week
- Elon Musk's companies don't care about rules, says Amazon
- Elon Musk's SpaceX makes history, sends first all-civilian crew into Earth orbit
- Elon Musk Must Be Pretty Relieved
- Tesla Lawsuit Over Autopilot-Engaged Pedestrian Death Could Disrupt Automated Driving Progress
- San Francisco Has A Tesla Problem
- Tesla Rolls Out FSD Beta V10 To Early Access Fleet
- The Company Tesla Should Worry About in 2021
Elon Musk-Led Tesla Starts Another Wave of Layoffs, Now Impacts Hourly Workers: Report have 426 words, post on www.news18.com at June 18, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.