Looks like Elon Musk is not a fan of remote working, giving Tesla employees an ultimatum — come into the office or leave.
In a leaked email sent on Tuesday, the billionaire told Tesla's executive staff that they could only work remotely if they put in 40 hours a week in the office.
'This is less than we ask of factory workers,' Musk said in the alleged email.
For 'particularly exceptional contributors', the billionaire said he would review and approve them himself.
The email also stated that the 'office' must be a main Tesla office and not a remote branch office that was unrelated to job duties.
While it was initially unclear if the email was actually sent by Musk, the Tesla founder essentially confirmed it on Twitter today.
'They should pretend to work somewhere else' tweeted Musk in response to a tweet asking what he thought about people who think coming into work is an antiquated concept.
Musk has been open about his distaste for remote work. Last month, the billionaire responded to the news of Apple's move to let employees work from home, with a meme suggesting that employees 'put on gym clothes' and 'watch TV' instead of working.
While the move might seem acceptable to Tesla workers, it might be a sign of things to come for Twitter employees who are used to a more lenient work culture.
Musk, who is set to own the social media giant by the end of the year, has previously said that once he takes over Twitter, 'work ethic expectations would be extreme'.
Metro.co.uk has reached out to Tesla for comment.
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »
- German Court Orders Tesla to Stop Cutting Down Trees
- There are no consequences when your name is Elon Musk
- Elon Musk roasts Bill Gates calling him 'underwhelming' after the Microsoft billionaire buys an electric Porsche over a Tesla
- $346 million: The amount of money Elon Musk is set to earn
- Elon Musk defends embattled autopilot feature in part two of Tesla 'master plan'
- Elon Musk calls Gates underwhelming after billionaire buys a Porsche
- Elon Musk warns that all A.I. must be regulated, even at Tesla
- Why Tesla CEO Elon Musk is 'unimpressed' with Bill Gates
- Tesla's Solar Roof to go global later this year: CEO Elon Musk
- Bill Gates buys Porsche EV, Elon Musk calls him 'underwhelming'
- Elon Musk calls for regulating all companies developing AI, including Tesla
- Tesla's Employee 'Anti Handbook' Handbook Leaked: Employment Experts Offer Their Views on Elon Musk's Company Rules
- Donald Trump says Mark Zuckerberg 'might run for president' and praises Elon Musk as a 'GENIUS,' comparing him to Thomas Edison and saying 'we have to protect people who invent the wheel'
- German Judge: Environmentalist Elon Musk Can Chop Down Forest to Build Tesla Factory
- Court orders Tesla to stop chopping down trees to build its German Gigafactory in victory for green campaigners
- Time is now for sustainable motor racing, and for women, says 'female Elon Musk'
- German court orders Tesla to stop felling trees for Gigafactory
- 'First world problems!' Tesla owner reveals the car's futuristic retractable door handles keep painfully snapping off her NAILS 'like a guillotine'
- Whistleblower: Tesla Worker Trafficked ‘Significant Quantities’ of Cartel Drugs
- Tesla wins court approval to build first Gigafactory in Germany
Elon Musk orders Tesla staff back to office saying WFH is ‘no longer acceptable’ have 595 words, post on metro.co.uk at June 1, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.