ELVIS: Official second trailer for Baz Luhrmann's movie
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Apart from Priscilla, nobody was with Elvis for anywhere near as long as Linda. The couple were in a relationship from July 1972 until the end of 1976 – just months before the star died. For much of Elvis’ time with and then marriage to Priscilla, he was away from her on location, constantly filming a staggering succession of Hollywood musicals. But Linda has forcefully pointed out this week that she was constantly by The King’s side throughout their years together. Yet she has been completely left out of the new movie, along with the family member who grew up alongside Elvis.
Linda was answering a question she constantly gets asked – has she seen the new movie and what did she think of it?
She said: “No, I haven't seen it yet. The trailer looks very entertaining and Austin Butler appears to do a fantastic depiction. BUT since so many people are left out who were very important and instrumental in Elvis' life – I wouldn't call it a biopic.”
Her comments were supported by Elvis’ cousin Billy Smith and his wife Jo. Billy grew up alongside the star in Tupelo Mississippi and then Memphis, even living on Graceland’s grounds and then becoming a core member of the Memphis Mafia. Yet, he too, has not been asked to contribute to the movie – or even go and see it.
Elvis girlfriend Linda Thompson blasts new Baz Luhrman biopic (Image: GETTY)
Elvis with girlfriend Linda Thompson (Image: GETTY)
Linda added: “I spent four years and a half years of my life living with and deeply caring for Elvis on many levels. I shared a hospital room with him every time he was in hospital. I had my own bed next to his during those times.
“I travelled on every tour with him. I was the only woman to ever do so in this life. I was at every Las Vegas engagement during those years.
“I literally saved his life on several occasions.”
Linda also confirmed that their break-u had not affected their love and devotion for each other. Indeed, Linda was the first person Elvis’ daughter Lisa Marie called when they found her father dead in his bathroom on August 16. 1977.
Linda Thompson lived with Elvis at Graceland (Image: INSTA )
Linda Thompson posing at Graceland (Image: INSTA )
Linda said: “We stayed in touch and loved each other until the day he died – even though we had broken up and I had moved out of Graceland only eight months before.
“So any inclusion or exclusion in any movie ever made can never erase the important role I played in his life and he in mine. But every true fan already knows that. Thank you all for your loyalty.”
Her comments were echoed by Elvis’ own original Memphis family.
DON’T MISS Elvis’ girlfriend wrote Whitney Houston ballad about their life Elvis girlfriend Linda on what The King thought of Elvis impersonators Elvis DIDN’T want to marry Priscilla and sobbed before his wedding ‘I have no choice’
Elvis girlfriend Linda Thompson now (Image: GETTY)
Billy Smith said: “We agree with everything that Linda said. It is true and everyone that was with Elvis knows it! We haven’t seen the movie either and don’t know that we will. It is a shame that so many people were left out.”
After Elvis, Linda went on to marry Bruce Jenner (later Caitlyn), and they had two sons, musician Brandon and reality star Brody Jenner. Her second marriage to producer and composer David Foster allowed her own songwriting talents to flourish, and they were nominated for an Oscar together for the Whitney Houston Bodyguard ballad, I Have Nothing.
- Ridley Scott on erasing Kevin Spacey from his new film: 'He's a very good actor. It's a pity'
- Spotlight review – Catholic church child abuse film decently tells an awful story
- Straight Outta Hollywood: how hip-hop saved the biopic
- The new wave
- David Ayer: ‘There’s something maternal about the tank in Fury’
- Michael Jackson sexual abuse claims reignited in documentary film as former fans say they are child sex victims the world forgot
- Here's how the film business put up a good show in 2019
- Tom Hanks set to change a popular opinion, says he may play the 'bad guy' in Elvis Presley's biopic
- Marvel movies in chronological order - how to watch Marvel Cinematic Universe films
- Anupam Kher on his biopic: ‘It will be the biggest blockbuster, my life is full of drama, romance, failure, success’
- Anushka Sharma's next film is a biopic on former Indian cricket team captain Jhulan Goswami?
- Avengers Endgame: What films to watch before Endgame - and ones you can miss
- 10 New Albums to Stream Now: Jack White, Neil Young, Chloe x Halle and More Rolling Stone Editors’ Picks
- Netflix's releases sinister new trailer depicting Ted Bundy as an evil, manipulative killer after original January teaser for its film starring Zac Efron as the mass murderer was slammed for being 'sexualized'
- Revealed: Prince Harry CANCELLED a trip to Toronto to visit his 'new love' Meghan Markle - hours after news of their 'relationship' broke
- Sexuality today: how we embarked on a new age of freedom and tolerance
- ‘Just Mercy,’ the new Michael B. Jordan drama, wants to spark a criminal justice revolution
- Cannes: The Complicated New Amy Winehouse Doc
- Kriti Sanon welcomes new puppy into her family, names her Phoebe. See pics, videos
- The Latest: '1917' wins best drama film Golden Globe award
Elvis girlfriend fury: 'Don't call new film a biopic, it erased so many important people' have 1039 words, post on www.express.co.uk at June 23, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.