The Tory minister claimed that Russian’s Maria Zakharova – who some see as a future Russian foreign minister- is "like a comedy turn”, adding: "She does her statement every week, threatening to nuke everyone or doing something or another."
Wallace cast doubt on Boris Johnson’s theory yesterday that a woman was was less likely to embark "on a crazy, macho war of invasion and violence", adding that Putin was "a perfect example of toxic masculinity".
Instead, the defence secretary added fuel to the fire , saying Zakharova, 46, is, "definitely a woman …
"She’s a lunatic like [Putin] is, so I’ll leave it at that."
Zakharova, a keen advocate of Putin’s war in Ukraine replied furiously, asking: "What's up with the British government?
"What turns them on so much today about the subject of gender and sex?"
In a longer rant on her Telegram channel, she told her 415,000 followers: "Following his PM, the British Minister of Defence Wallace …. said ‘MARIA ZAKHAROVA, WHILE CLEARLY BEING A WOMAN, WEEKLY THREATENS TO BOMBARD EVERYONE WITH NUCLEAR BOMBS’.
"Next he went on about the subjects of sleepwalking, comedy and machismo…
"British minister Wallace: unless you want to be seen by the entire world as a complete liar, give us an example of how I 'weekly threaten to bombard everyone with nuclear bombs'.
“And given you won't be able to find a single quote, I accuse you of slander and spreading fakes.
"But the key thing was that Mr Wallace recognised an important fact: Russian women for him are still women, not 'persons with ….'.”
"I take this opportunity to say 'Hi' to J.K. Rowling,” she said, after the Harry Potter author was accused of transphobia after mocking the phrase ‘people who menstruate’.
"She isn't allowed to be a woman while I am – Minister of Defence Wallace himself permitted it," Zakharova added.
This comes following a warning that Putin still wants most of Ukraine, according to a U.S. intelligence chief.
Director of National Intelligence, Avril Haines, said Wednesday that the four-month war will continue grind on, “for an extended period of time.”
“In short, the picture remains pretty grim and Russia’s attitude toward the West is hardening,” Haines told a Commerce Department conference.
“We think he [Putin] has effectively the same political goals that we had previously, which is to say that he wants to take most of Ukraine,” she added.
Katya Bogdanova/East2west news)
After the invasion in February, Conservative MP Julian Lewis said Putin was “firmly in the grip of small man syndrome” in the House of Commons.
He also said that Putin had a “Napoleon complex”.
Lewis said that this could be the reason why Putin ordered his troops to take to the streets of Ukraine.
And then former Labour leader Brown, who served as the UK’s Chancellor from 1997 to 2007 under then-PM Tony Blair , has shed some light on the realities of this rumour.
- How Vladimir Putin’s Spies Hid Athlete Doping
- Vladimir Putin warns west not to "meddle" in Belarus' affairs after Raman Pratasevich arrest
- Alexander Litvinenko inquiry: How ex-spy was killed 'on Putin's orders' and why no-one is facing justice
- Putin are you watching? RAF to get 13 cutting-edge Protector aircraft amid Russia tensions
- Putin’s watching: MP Ellwood says Russian leader is poised to wade in Belarus sprinter row
- Ukraine President Zelensky is ready for war with Russia, vows to "stand to the last man"
- Alex Salmond called 'Putin apologist' after refusing three times to say Russia behind Salisbury attack
- Georgia’s Bold Peacenik, Prime Minister Ivanishvili
- ISIS terror fears as Putin moves in to Afghanistan to crack down on 'emerging threats'
- UK cyber-experts helped defeat ‘cynical’ Russian attempts to HACK Olympic Games
- Putin ally demands activist Roman Protasevich is ‘shot like a dog’ after Ryanair ‘hijack’ arrest by ‘Russian spies’
- Ministers move to block China's state-owned nuclear power firm from all UK projects including £20billion Sizewell C plant
- Brexit latest: US trade deal panic as Biden takes bitter swipe at UK - 'Good luck Boris'
- Covid: About 8,000 adults on Isle of Man yet to register for vaccine
- Brexit LIVE: Anna Soubry's Independent Group admits defeat - Change UK shuts down
- Putin condemns Navalny protests as Western concern grows
- Brexit news: UK vindicated as Ireland turns on 'draconian' EU - industry chiefs blow top
- BBC's Emily Maitlis puts Irish minister on the spot over demands for Brexit deal changes
- Coronavirus UK news – Amber list quarantine to be AXED for anybody vaccinated in US or EU as covid pingdemic rages on
- Covid news UK – Sajid Javid admits ‘no one really knows’ what’s next as daily infections rise to 27,734 after 7-day drop
Vladimir Putin spokeswoman hits back at UK minister's jibe he has 'small man syndrome' have 899 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 30, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.