Denver's weather is heating up and there's a chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms through the holiday weekend.
Skies in the metro area will be mostly sunny on Saturday, there is a 40% chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms, according to the National Weather Service forecast. The high temperature will top out near 88 degrees.
There is an Ozone Action Day Alert in the metro area on Saturday and it is posted until 4 p.m., according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. Hot, sunny weather is expected to result in concentrations of ozone in the Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups category. People should limit driving gas and diesel powered vehicles if possible. The sensitive group, which includes people with respiratory concerns including asthma, should avoid prolonged outdoor activities.
Sunday's weather in Denver will be partly sunny, with a high temp of about 89 degrees and a second-consecutive day with a 40% chance of afternoon and evening showers and thunderstorms.
On Monday, Independence Day, there's a 30% chance for afternoon showers and thunderstorms in Denver, according to the weather service. Skies will be mostly sunny and the high temperature is expected to hit 91 degrees.
The chance of afternoon thunderstorms drops to about 20% on Tuesday and high temperatures in the urban area will likely be in the 90s for the remainder of the week.
- Pittsburgh Weather: Overcast Skies, Brief Chance Of Showers
- Pittsburgh Weather: Tuesday Rain Chances, Warmer Temperatures On The Way
- Denver weather: “Pleasant weekend” expected with warmer temperatures, sunny skies
- Denver weather: Cold front moves in as temperatures dip below normal, chance of rain possible
- Denver weather: Light snow, rain expected to fall Wednesday before ending cold front
- Denver weather: When, where and how much snow to expect this weekend as a cold front hits Colorado
- Denver weather: From sunny skies to snow, Saturday will have it all
- Denver weather: Late afternoon smoke rolls in Tuesday
- Denver weather: When will snow bring relief to raging wildfires this weekend?
- Denver weather: Warmer temperatures are on their way back after rain, snow
- Denver weather: Frigid temperatures could snap a 148-year-old record
- Denver weather: Approaching cold front Saturday will not clear all the smoke
- Denver weather: Possibly 4-8 inches of snow entering the metro area Sunday
- Pittsburgh Weather: Cooler Temperatures And Partly Cloudy Skies
- CBS2 Weather Headlines: Mostly Clear And Cool Tonight, Temps Drop In Suburbs, Warmer This Weekend!
- Pittsburgh Weather: Rain Expected To Last Through Friday Morning
- New York Weather: CBS2’s 9/8 Tuesday Morning Forecast
- Pittsburgh Weather: Humidity Ticks Down, Hot Temperatures Remain
- New York Weather: CBS2’s 9/9 Wednesday Afternoon Forecast
- Pittsburgh Weather: Rainy And Humid End To The Weekend
Denver weather: There’s a 40% chance of afternoon showers and thunderstorms have 426 words, post on www.denverpost.com at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.