Margot Robbie who is a self-confessed Harry Potter superfan had no idea that her husband Tom Ackerley had once been an extra in the Warner Bros. epic films.
The Australian actress confessed that she would have shot down the aisle a lot quicker had she have known that Tom had taken up a secret role in Harry Potter’s 2004 movie Prisoner of Azkaban.
It wasn’t until 2020 that the news of Tom’s cameo appearance in the film began to circulate – sending everyone including his wife into a frenzy.
The Wolf Of Wallstreet star has always been open about her love of J.K. Rowling’s hit novels – explaining that she’d loved the books while growing up.
Tom who produced I, Tonya with Margot in 2017, featured in the Box Office smash movie as a student who was pushed by Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton) – in a blink and you’ll miss it moment.
In the Prisoner of Azkaban film, Draco shoves Tom out of the way so that he could take a closer look at hippogriff Buckbeak.
Margot’s husband had another student role in the first of the Potter films Philosopher’s Stone and the Chamber Of Secrets.
In 2020, the Hollywood actress took to the stage on BBC One’s Graham Norton show confessing that she was a “massive, massive nerd” when it came to the Wizard franchise .
A picture of her as a teen popped up on the screen of her reading a Harry Potter book while drinking a mug of tea, she commented: “I lied to the optometrist because I wanted to have glasses like Harry Potter.”
The conversation quickly turned to Tom’s role in the iconic films, Margot said: “My husband is in the Harry Potter movies.
“I know, I was like: ‘Had you told me sooner we would’ve been married very quickly.'”
The actress went on: “But he was an extra when he was a little kid he was one of the Slytherin extras when Draco pushes some kids out of the way to see Buckbeak in the third book.
“He pushes my husband out of the way.”
Margot and Tom met while filming on the set of Suite Francaise in 2013, with the pair confirming they were dating a year later.
At the time, Tom had been the assistant director in the romantic drama film.
As a married couple, the pair have endured many success together -including co-founding production company LuckyChap Entertainment and working together on I,Tonya.
Margot took on the leading role in figure skating film playing American icon Tonya Harding – with hubby Tom producing the movie.
They’d also teamed up as producer and actress on hit films such as Terminal, Dreamland and Promising Young Woman.
Before Margot and Tom were an official item, the Aussie-lass explained in a previous interview that she was not one to be tamed, describing herself as the “ultimate single girl”.
Speaking to Vogue, she previously said: “The idea of relationships made me want to vomit – and then this crept up on me.”
“We were friends for so long. I was always in love with him, but I thought he would never love me back. ‘Don't make it weird, Margot. Don’t be stupid and tell him you like him.’
“And then it happened, and I was like ‘Of course we’re together’. This makes so much sense, the way nothing has ever made sense before.”
- Margot Robbie’s sexiest looks – ditching knickers, red-hot lingerie and bikini snaps
- Margot Robbie ‘still obsessed’ with love Island but ‘is struggling’ with 2021 series
- Margot Robbie strips naked for steamy sex scene with Peaky Blinders hunk in new film
- Margot Robbie ditches bra under little black dress after celebrating birthday
- Revealed: The surprising role Margot Robbie missed out on in 2010 that could have changed her life - and which Aussie actress won it instead
- Harry Potter named most inspirational children's book character in top 50 list
- Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint welcomes baby girl with girlfriend: ‘Lil Ronniekins is growing up fast’, say fans
- How Taylor Swift's Love Story With Joe Alwyn Reached Its Happily Ever After
- Simon Pegg & Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Terminal
- The Best Harry Potter Movies to Watch on Thanksgiving
- Rupert Grint and Georgia Groome Welcome Baby Girl: Inside the Love Lives of the
- BAFTAs 2020: Naomie Harris and Jessica Chastain lead the stars getting ready for the red carpet with glam behind the scenes snaps
- A look inside Robbie Williams and Ayda Field's family life with their three children
- Inside Adele’s 7 stone weight loss and how it was kick-started by Harry Styles
- A real toy story: Father who started photographing toys as a hobby now makes a full-time living with industry giants Disney and Hasbro
- Meghan Markle, Prince Harry celebrating Archie's first birthday with a 'smash cake and Zooms,' report says
- Inside Emmerdale's Jeff Hordley and Zoe Henry's coronavirus lockdown life
- How Agatha Christie, Frederick Douglass and Albert Camus are getting us through this
- Meghan says she was NOT barred from Sandringham summit: Sussexes reveal they decided 'it wouldn't be necessary' for her to dial in as Charles made clear he doesn't have 'unlimited resources' to prop up son's finances
- 'I thought I was losing my mind, but I was actually losing my sight'
- Lana Del Rey reveals she bought her silver Grammy dress 'last minute' at a MALL... as the singer says she is 'happy' with beau Sean Larkin
- Julia Roberts: No Met ball bubbly? There's always the bath
- Oscars set to be pushed back by four months to save event from being cancelled
- 31 Fantastic Books Recommended By 31 Fantastic Writers
Inside Margot Robbie's love story with Harry Potter extra Tom Ackerley have 942 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.