Audrey Niffenegger who wrote the much-loved novel that the HBO/Sky series is based on has spoken out following the news about the show’s future
It has been announced that The Time Traveler’s Wife will not be back for a second season – and it’s not just the fans who are devastated.
Audrey Niffenegger who wrote the much-loved novel that the HBO series is based on has revealed her disappointment that the show, which stars Sanditon actor Theo James and Downton Abbey star Rose Leslie , has been axed after just one season.
WATCH: Did you enjoy season one of The Time Traveler’s Wife?
In a tweet on Friday evening, the author wrote: “Thank you to @SWmoff, Rose, Theo, @realdavidnutter and all the artists, cast, crew, and staff who made The Time Traveler’s Wife so beautiful and strange. I’m sorry we won’t have a season two together, but I loved what you made.”
Although Audrey was not involved in the development of the new series as she does not control the media rights to the book, she has previously vocalised her support of showrunner Steven Moffat and his vision for the show.
HBO has made the decision to cancel the show after just one season
“You can never exactly replicate a book,” she told Forbes back in May. “You can’t just breathe it onto the screen. But I feel like they really gave it their all. It’s edgy, it’s odd, but they’ve done their absolute utmost to make it great.”
Fans have been left devastated about the news
Meanwhile, fans have been expressing their outrage on social media after learning that they won’t see Clare and Henry’s epic love story continue following the show’s decision to end season one at the story’s halfway point. One person wrote: “My heart is officially broken,” in response to the news, while another said: ” Oh my god. What?. No. We’re only halfway through the story.”
A third viewer added: “This is a tragedy!!!!! I really enjoyed the first season and they still had so much more to show. It was so damn short that I was sure we would get a second season eventually. I’m so upset. Seriously, what a terrible decision.”
Like this story? Sign up to our What to Watch newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox.
- All of the Ways TV Has Tackled Time Travel, From
- 'What’s the most pain you've ever felt?' Thrilling new Deadpool 2 trailer introduces Josh Brolin as time-traveling mutant super-soldier Cable
- Time Travel Adventure Hunting Season Teams Aquaman Director with John Wick Writer
- Is the ending of the Normal People TV series different from Sally Rooney’s book?
- DailyMailTV EXCLUSIVE: Making the Cut season one winner Jonny Cota reveals his victory 'hasn't really sunk in yet' ... as his edgy collection hits Amazon
- 'A lot of guys were really threatened by it': Sex And The City author Candace Bushnell reflects on why the show was 'revolutionary' - and how her tales of carefree single women angered men
- 'I'm upset, hurt and have to speak out': Outlander star Sam Heughan slams online bullies for '6 years of bullying, harassment and stalking' and reveals he's been the target of death threats
- Will there be an After Life season 3 on Netflix? Ricky Gervais on dark comedy return
- Penn Badgley just debunked major YOU season three fan theory
- Miranda Lambert and husband Brendan McLoughlin reveal their new $112K Airstream trailer they plan on traveling the country with
- 'We're in the same boat for the first time ever': Christine McGuinness says lockdown has saved her marriage to husband Paddy as they're sharing their parenting duties equally
- 'Billions' Season 5 Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot: When Does 'Billions' Return to Showtime?
- Season-Premiere Recap: Bad Company
- The Greatest Dancer has been AXED as ratings plummet following the BBC show's second season
- 'They didn't see eye to eye': Idris Elba's DJ sitcom Turn Up Charlie is 'axed' by Netflix after just one series
- Matt Damon swaps his LA wheels for a Ford Fiesta while wife Luciana heads out on a jog... as it's revealed they are renting €8m pad during lockdown in a small Irish town
- Normal People author Sally Rooney shares on process of adapting novel for BBC drama
- ’s Lotte Verbeek on the Season 3 Finale, That Bloody Cave Scene, and Why Geillis Isn’t a Witch
- Love Island host Laura Whitmore promises the 2021 series will be 'BIG' after ITV announce decision to scrap summer season on her 35th birthday
- Love Island 2020 faces axe as UK set is ruled out, ITV boss confirms
The Time Traveler's Wife author speaks out after TV adaptation axed after just one season have 852 words, post on www.hellomagazine.com at July 2, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.