Albuquerque, United States ● Thu, August 11 2022
A Muslim immigrant from Afghanistan has been arrested as the prime suspect in the serial killing of four Muslim men that rattled the Islamic community of New Mexico’s largest city, police said on Tuesday.
After days of bolstering security around Albuquerque-area mosques, seeking to allay fears of a shooter driven by anti-Muslim hate, police said on Tuesday that they had arrested 51-year-old Muhammad Syed, a member of the city’s Islamic immigrant community.
Authorities said the killings might have been rooted in a personal grudge, possibly with intra-Muslim sectarian overtones.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Amid arrests and killings, Bangladesh and India must fight censorship
- Claremont serial killer trial hears fibres from car and trousers matched those found on victim
- Coronavirus Jailbreak: Soros-Funded ACLU Wants Serial Drunk Driver Freed
- Who is serial killer Joanna Dennehy? The woman who stabbed five men 'for kicks' is serving life in prison
- "Just pure evil": Serial killer Joanna Dennehy threatened to kill Rose West within minutes of arriving at same prison
- Serial killer Joanna Dennehy's mum says "the world's a safer place without her in it"
- Serial killer Joanna Dennehy is still trying to snare victims - from JAIL
- Serial killer Joanne Dennehy went on murder rampage while under supervision of probation officers
- Serial Killer Dorothea Puente’s Home Featured In ‘Murder House Flip’ Series
- Show Featuring Former Home Of Sacramento Serial Killer Dorothea Puente Now Streaming
- Illegal Aliens Arrested for Crimes Against Women, Children Seek Release
- 9/11 mastermind: Al Qaeda favors ‘immigration’ to defeat US
- Man wrongly arrested over Berlin attack says he fears for his life
- UK police ask Vietnamese illegal immigrants for help in container deaths probe
- Failed Asylum Seeker Watched Pornography Immediately After Killing German Woman
- Ex-soldier who narrowly escaped jail for trying to smuggle Afghan girl into the UK is stunned to learn her father lied to him about escaping Taliban and child's mother being dead
- Wrongful deportation: Afghan asylum-seeker returns to Germany
- Afghan Spy Agency Captures Regional IS Chief
- The Christian Terrorist Who Vowed to Kill Muslims and May Go Free
- Across U.S. and World, Leaders Offer Protection and Support for Muslims After New Zealand Attack
Afghan Muslim immigrant arrested over US serial killings have 408 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.