USA: Firefighters rescue Anne Heche from crash
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Anne Heche 's life support has been sadly switched off a week after she suffered a horrific car accident in Los Angeles. The actress, 53, had previously been declared brain dead after her Mini Cooper smashed into a two-storey house and was engulfed in flames in the neighbourhood of Mar Vista.
The awful crash saw Anne’s car smash into the garage of an apartment complex and burst into flames.
As a result, the I Know What You Did Last Summer actress suffered lung damage, burns and a severe anoxic brain injury, which is caused by a sustained lack of oxygen to the brain.
One week after the crash, Anne's family announced she was being kept on life support to see if her organs are viable to be donated.
They issued a statement on Friday August 12 that read: “It has long been her choice to donate her organs and she is being kept on life support to determine if any are viable.”
Anne has sadly died aged 53 (Image: GETTY)
Anne was a famous Hollywood actress (Image: GETTY)
“Anne had a huge heart and touched everyone she met with her generous spirit.
"More than her extraordinary talent, she saw spreading kindness and joy as her life’s work – especially moving the needle for acceptance of who you love.
“She will be remembered for her courageous honesty and dearly missed for her light.”
Her family also put on record their thanks to the “dedicated staff and wonderful nurses” at the Grossman Burn Centre at West Hills Hospital who had taken care of her.
Anne used to date chatshow host Ellen (Image: GETTY)
Anne’s car was engulfed in flames following a terrible crash (Image: GETTY)
Anne remained in a critical condition in a coma at the Grossman Burn Centre at West Hills Hospital after her terrible car accident.
Speaking after the crash, LAPD spokesman Matthew Cruz said the incident was being investigated as a felony driving under the influence collision.
He told PA: “This case is still an active and ongoing investigation.
"It is currently in the process of gathering additional evidence; to include final toxicology results, and medical records from both parties involved.
“It is the intent of the investigating Detectives to present this case to the appropriate prosecuting office: the Los Angeles County District Attorney or the Los Angeles City Attorney's office once all pertinent evidence has been gathered.”
The spokesman added that the preliminary blood tests showed clear "signs of narcotics."
Anne is said to have crashed her car twice – first into an apartment complex and a second time into another house.
The second crash ignited a fire which caused “significant damage”.
It wasn't long before Anne was taken away by an ambulance, as witnesses explained to TMZ.
They said: "She was driving a blue Mini Cooper and crashed into the garage of an apartment complex.
"Residents of the apartment complex tried getting Anne out of the vehicle but she put the car in reverse and then sped off.
"A short time later, she crashed into a nearby home, igniting a fire. The fire was significant and engulfed the house.”
- Ellen DeGeneres opens up about former lover Anne Heche’s car crash
- Alex Scott breaks down as she fears ‘there is no going back’
- Eamonn Holmes’ GB News co-star Isabel sparks exit fears over ‘hate’
- Brooklyn Beckham mocked for claiming he invented ‘new thing’ with wife
- The Good Life’s Felicity Kendal claimed ‘infidelity’ sparked divorce
- Jezebel Investigates: Which One of Brad Pitt's Exes Did Ellen DeGeneres Date?
- PICTURE EXCLUSIVE Does she not own any tops that aren't cropped? Paul Hollywood's ex Summer Monteys-Fullam, 24, wears yet ANOTHER crop top as she tends to her horses after 'wasting time with an old guy' jibe
- A beginner’s guide to Hammer Films
- 'I didn't sleep well for months': the films that terrified our writers as kids
- Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker releases early footage as Rey wields a double red lightsaber and Darth Vader's presence is felt
- Cult horror film director Tulsi Ramsay passes away at 77
- News Box office: 'Shazam!' grows to $53-M debut
- Cult horror director John Carpenter honored at Cannes
- Physicist Stephen Hawking, Who Conquered the Stars, Dies at 76
- Ex 'Beverly Hills, 90210' star Luke Perry dead at 52 after stroke
- Fatherhood ruined horror films for me
- 'It was anarchy': Witnesses reveal dramatic aftermath of birthday party horror that saw seven people injured when car mounted pavement and mowed down pedestrians after hotel fight spilled into London street
- Neil Simon, Broadway’s master of comedy, dies at 91
- Toronto 2019: Susan Sarandon voices support for assisted dying
- Oscar Best Actress Olivia Colman: Two times a queen, and now film royalty
- Grammy Award-winning songwriter, who penned 'Say My Name', passes away in a car crash at 41
- At the Oscars, a banner year for Canadian film brevity
- 9 dead, 16 hurt in Cebu road mishap
- ‘Superman’ actress Margot Kidder dies in her sleep at 69
- Luke Perry, star of Beverly Hills, 90210, dead at 52; Hollywood pays tribute
Anne Heche dead: film star and ex of Ellen DeGeneres dies aged 53 after horror crash have 1004 words, post on www.express.co.uk at August 13, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.