Beijing ● Fri, August 19 2022
Chinese troops will travel to Russia to take part in joint military exercises led by the host, including India, Belarus, Mongolia, Tajikistan and other countries, China’s defense ministry said on Wednesday.
China’s participation in the joint exercises was “unrelated to the current international and regional situation”, the ministry said in a statement.
Last month, Moscow announced plans to hold “Vostok” (East) exercises from Aug. 30 to Sept. 5, even as it wages a costly war in Ukraine. It said at the time that some foreign forces would participate, without naming them.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Turkey's President Erdogan sends troops to Libya to defend UN-backed government against civil war
- China-Russia joint exercise holds marines contests
- European powers condemn Turkish plans to send troops to Libya
- Japan to Send Troops to Middle East to Protect State Assets
- China, Russia, North Korea, Iran: Confronting the new axis of aggression and evil
- Turkey and Russia: TurkStream pipeline not a fix for bilateral woes
- EU urges ceasefire in Libya, condemns Turkey over troops
- US Warship Sails Near South China Sea Islands Claimed by China
- The Ayatollah's arsenal: A MILLION troops, hundreds of missile launchers capable of striking the entire Middle East and a maritime guerrilla force for choking the world's oil supply in the Persian Gulf... but is it enough to the stand up to the US?
- Britain sends two warships to the Gulf to 'protect our ships and citizens' in the wake of assassination of Qassem Soleimani as protests break out across world and Boris Johnson prepares to fly home on Sunday to deal with crisis
- US Attack on Soleimani is a Signal to Russia-Iran-China Triumvirate to Cease Cooperation – Analysts
- China slams 'US adventurism' in Middle East, urges all parties to exercise restraint
- India deploys aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in Arabian Sea, even as China-Pakistan conduct major exercise
- Sieren’s China: Donald Trump's risky short-sightedness
- Russia, China Vessels Train Assistance Amid Joint Sea Drills – Baltic Navy
- Russia-China Drills 1st Stage to Be Held July 21-28 in Baltic
- In rare visit, top Indian army commander in China’s Xinjiang that borders PoK
- Iraq says unsigned U.S. troop-withdrawal letter sent by mistake COUNTS despite Arabic translation not matching the English—as Pentagon chief vows 'we are not leaving' but Donald Trump insists it will happen 'at some point'
- Baghdad Not Planning to Send Forces Abroad, Ready to Train Foreign Troops - Iraqi Envoy to Iran
- China: the new space superpower
China to send troops to Russia for ‘Vostok’ exercise have 447 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 19, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.