Jakarta ● Mon, August 15 2022
The Law and Human Rights Ministry and Foreign Ministry are working to solve a problem with certain Indonesian passports that has resulted in the German Embassy's rejection of visa applicants.
The passports in question lack a place for the signature of the holder, an omission that German immigration officials have objected to. Authorities are still discussing the issue with the German Embassy in Jakarta, according to a press release sent on Sunday by the Immigration Directorate General, which is under the law ministry.
Seeking an interim fix, director for immigration traffic Amran Aris has instructed immigration offices to accommodate requests from passport holders to add signatures to the endorsement pages of their passports.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Election 2019 fix claims: Tory plans to force voter ID criticised as ‘election rigging’
- HOTMAIL CUSTOMER CARE IS HERE TO FIX YOUR ISSUES
- Indonesia slapped with FIFA fine over match crowd trouble
- 'They are going to fix you, be calm': Father of Harry Dunn reveals his last words to his dying 19-year-old son after fireball bike smash 'caused by US diplomat's wife'
- Having Trouble Naming Your Characters? Here's an Easy Technique
- Germany Gains Status of Europe’s ‘Sick Man’, Economists Claim
- As a safety report faults Boeing and the FAA, it's still unclear when the 737 Max will fly again
- They Crossed an Ocean to Butcher Pigs. It Was No American Dream.
- Avoiding the Pitfalls of Salesforce Implementation
- ‘Call yourself English?’
- Women trafficked for sham marriages
- ORC candidates quizzed on future of farming
- Women Who Date the Clasic Bad Boy, Pinocchio!
- Who is Aseel Muthana and how did he become radicalised?
- Boris Johnson vows to make Britain 'the greatest place on Earth': PM says the Queen's Speech sets out his vision for 'getting Brexit done' and creating an 'open, free-trading' country
- Insurrection in Our Hearts
- Full text: Boris Johnson’s Tory conference speech
- The Working Case Study
- Struggling Americans are haunted by zombie debt. Will you be next?
- Happiness Is A State Of Mind, I'm Happy......I Think!
Govt promises to fix Indonesian passport trouble have 383 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.