THERE are simple ways anyone can upgrade their home without spending tons of money.
One woman has revealed three cheap tips to follow for people who are looking for money-saving improvements.
The interior design expert and TikToker who runs the @comeplayhouse page has some advice for her viewers.
Her first tip is to add a book or two to your coffee table.
Coffee tables are the perfect piece of furniture for most living rooms, but they often look bare and plain.
With the right books stacked on top of your coffee table, it can create a more elevated look.
Another reason books added to your coffee table is a smart move is that they can provide your house guests with light entertainment.
Coffee table books typically contain positive or neutral information about things such as travel, recipes, or weather.
Her second suggestion is to remove any branding from your products.
If your lotions, soaps, and other household products have tacky labels pasted on the front, it might be best to tear them off and toss them out.
Most read in Fabulous
Another way to handle this problem would be by pouring any products into ceramic or plastic reusable containers that are already label-free.
Fortunately, places like Dollar Tree and Walmart sell items like these that work well in most bathrooms and kitchens.
Without labels and brands scattered throughout your home, your living space can take on its own theme.
Her final piece of advice is to replace all of your outdated furniture with new pieces.
Wooden drawers and cabinets that look like they’re falling apart should be swapped out with new ones.
Wobbly chairs and tables have no place in your home if you’re trying to achieve an elevated look.
Dingy mirrors and faded glass should be trashed to make room for new and better options.
In the example photos she shows, one kitchen looks worn down and old.
The other kitchen she shows looks like it has fresh paint, new decor, and a tone of vibrancy.
- Want to make your home look like Escape to the Chateau? Now you can achieve the same look as TV star Angel Strawbridge launches a furnishings range
- The secret designer who makes Kate look great: Duchess donned her dresses for Wimbledon and Prince George's first birthday portraits (And Pippa loves her, too!)
- The $1,000 smart glasses that WON'T make you look like an idiot: Focals can connect to Alexa, read text messages and tell you the weather
- A long way from home: NASA's asteroid-circling spacecraft grabs stunning snapshot of Earth from 70 MILLION miles away
- $7.9M Luxurious Beachfront Home Most Expensive Listing Of Week
- Roger Stone clutches the bible as he is found GUILTY of lying to Congress about WikiLeaks' release of Clinton emails 'to make Trump look good' and faces up to FIFTY years in prison
- Designer takes a page from clients’ life & loves
- Makeover pro’s big style on a sensible budget at home
- How new homeowners redid their S.F. home (Hint: She’s a decorator)
- S.F. flat evolves with designer’s growing family
- The newlyweds’ nest: Cozy SF home is a good fit
- In a redwood grove, a home remodel lets the sunshine in
- Designer masters boho blend of classic & edgy
- A family-friendly home — to both kids and adults
- Crisp & creative redo hits home in SF
- Genius TV: the BBC's beautifully crafted design series
- David Hockney paintings 'make you want to go home' to Yorkshire
- First ‘Tuned by THX’ home theater speakers need no A/V receivers — or wires
- Would you live on a £1million luxury houseboat? Homes come with multiple bathrooms, terraces and top sound systems...but you still have to empty the toilets
- Kevin McCloud's Grandest Designs! Presenter reveals his top five builds in tonight's 20th anniversary episode - including a £10k shipping container project in Northern Ireland that he admits is his favourite EVER
I’m an interior designer – 3 cheap ways to make your home look more expensive have 743 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.