New Delhi, India ● Thu, August 11, 2022
Indian companies are using Asian currencies more often to pay for Russian coal imports, according to customs documents and industry sources, avoiding the US dollar and cutting the risk of breaching Western sanctions against Moscow.
Reuters previously reported on a large Indian coal deal involving the Chinese yuan, but the customs data underline how non-dollar settlements are becoming commonplace.
India has aggressively stepped up purchases of Russian oil and coal since the war in Ukraine began, helping to cushion Moscow from the effects of sanctions and allowing New Delhi to secure raw materials at discounts compared to supplies from other countries.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- GLOBAL LNG-Asian prices edge higher on Indian demand, Mideast tensions
- Asian LNG prices edge higher on Indian demand, Mideast tensions
- Rupee drops by 11 paise to 70.93 on dollar demand
- Indian Bourses, Currency Fall In Early Trade Over Us-China Trade Deal Concerns
- CORRECTED-GLOBAL MARKETS-Asian stocks rally to record high ahead of trade deal; yen slips
- Asian shares mostly higher before central banks' decisions
- Rupee opens 8 paise lower at 71.18 per dollar as greenback steadies, crude oil rises
- PFC’s dollar bonds receive 42% US participation
- GLOBAL LNG-Prompt Asian prices hit 4-month low, drop below $5/mmBtu
- Prompt Asian LNG prices hit four-month low, drop below $5/mmBtu
- Belarus blocks online sites and closes shops to stem currency panic
- Asian stocks at record high as yen slips
- Market Headstart: Nifty likely to consolidate around 12,200; AU Small Finance, Sobha top buys
- Working with India on pact against unilateral US Sanctions: Sergey Lavrov, Russia’s foreign minister
- Syrian pound hits new lows over regional tensions - traders
- Rouble crashes to dramatic low amid frantic central bank rate rise
- View: India can become a rule-maker in the global oil trade instead of the rule-taker it is today
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Yuan, stocks rally as investors bet on imminent U.S.-China deal signing
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Yuan soars, stocks scale heights as markets cheer imminent Sino-U.S. deal signing
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Yuan soars, stocks surge as investors bet on imminent U.S.-China deal signing
Indian companies swapping dollar for Asian currencies to buy Russian coal have 374 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.