Jerusalem/Istanbul ● Fri, August 19 2022
Israel and Turkey have announced the resumption of full diplomatic ties, following years of strained relations between the Mediterranean nations.
Israeli Prime Minister Yair Lapid hailed the step as an “important asset for regional stability and very important economic news for the citizens” of the Jewish state.
Lapid’s office said the decision to resume ties would see ambassadors and consuls general posted to the two countries once more and direct flights restarted.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- U.S., Cuba restore full diplomatic relations
- Bolivian President Hopes to Restore Bilateral Relations With US Under Trump
- Uganda, Rwanda yet to restore cordial relations
- Goodbye, UNESCO: Israel and US quit UN heritage agency
- Turkey arrests 16,000 people following failed coup
- Jordan to retake lands leased by Israel
- Turkey draws EU ire over oil drilling off Cyprus' coast
- Turkey's Erdogan seeks more influence in Africa
- 'I love Israel' — Brazil's Bolsonaro lands in Tel Aviv
- Israel hits offices of Turkish state news agency in Gaza
- Israel Furious After 'Lying' Erdogan Equates Holocaust to Gaza Blockade: 'You Should Be Ashamed'
- Turkey's Syria incursion: Can Ankara force NATO to provide assistance?
- India will host Palestinian president before PM Narendra Modi heads for Israel
- Poland's new 'Holocaust law' widely condemned in Israel
- Nikki Haley’s U.N. mission: Sticking up for Israel
- Germany, Austria say sanctions among options for Turkey's Cyprus drilling
- Netanyahu Lashes Out at UN Allegedly Allowing 'Hate Speech' Toward Israel
- Turkey summons US diplomat over Twitter ‘like’
- Israel kills Palestinian Islamic Jihad commander Baha Abu Al-Ata in Gaza, prompting rocket fire
- Trump touches down in Osaka for crush of intense diplomatic talks with Putin and China at the G20 - but not before Air Force One Twitter rampage blasting India for 'unacceptable' tariffs, insulting hosts Japan and saying China 'is going down tubes'
Israel, Turkey to restore full diplomatic relations have 347 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 19, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.