GABBY AGBONLAHOR has warned Manchester United fans they are "not shopping in Harrods any more “.
And the former Aston Villa ace has questioned why many did not want to sign Marko Arnautovic.
That's because Agbonlahor reckons the ex-West Ham star is BETTER than £73million winger Jadon Sancho.
United stunned their own supporters by making a move for Bologna forward Arnautovic at the weekend.
The shock news came as Erik ten Hag’s side was beaten 2-1 by Brighton at Old Trafford in his first Prem game.
Bologna promptly rejected the bid, leading to United preparing a fresh move.
But the angry reaction from fans saw the Red Devils abandon the deal yesterday.
However, Agbonlahor does not understand why United fans are being so picky.
He feels the club will struggle to attract big players due to their on-field woes.
And Arnautovic is actually a good footballer who would add depth to their current squad.
Most read in Football
Indeed, Agbonlahor is convinced Arnautovic would have made more of an impact than Sancho in the starting XI.
And supporters should instead be getting behind Ten Hag, who is also attempting to sign Adrien Rabiot from Juventus.
Agbonlahor declared: "I don't know who Man United fans think they are. Arnautovic makes that squad a better squad.
"They've got to stop living in the Fergie years. Man United, now, are a club who can't attract top players.
“There’s talk about looking to the future with younger players. They’ve done that with Sancho and he can’t take anyone on.
“He gets the ball, he passes it back to Dalot, he hides, he doesn’t get past people.
“Look at the wingers they’ve had in the past. Valencia – he used to go past people and put crosses in. Even Nani was outstanding. Sancho doesn’t do that.
"I'd rather Arnautovic in my team than Jadon Sancho at the moment.
"If he makes that team better for a season, get him in. It's the manager's choice, it doesn't matter what the fans think.
"After he scores two goals, they'll change their mind. They're not shopping in Harrods anymore, they're in a different place."
- Dortmund chief Zorc defends Jadon Sancho axe and insists Man Utd transfer target still needs to mature
- How Man Utd would line up if Solskjaer spends £250m with Haaland, Sancho and Saul firing Red Devils back to top
- Pereira reveals Solskjaer saved his Man Utd career and stopped him being sold
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer officially a WORSE Man Utd manager than Jose Mourinho after Everton draw
- Mason Greenwood looks like the real deal, says Gary Neville
- Harvey Weinstein combative and in denial ahead of rape trial, inner circle says
- Trader Joe’s hostages share tales of terror, heroism during standoff with gunman
- The other side of Bob Hawke: How Australia's best loved PM was also well known for his boozing, womanising and political treachery - but never shied away from his demons
- Ship of horrors: life and death on the lawless high seas
- Apple Arcade: The full list of games for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and iPod Touch (updated)
- Australia's 23rd Prime Minister Bob Hawke dies peacefully at home aged 89 - leaving behind an immense contribution to public life that cemented his legacy as a legendary reformer
- Where oil rigs go to die
- Mordhau archery guide [Patch #7] - Longbow, Recurve Bow, Crossbow tips and techniques
- Magnificent And Important Advent Calendar: Day 24
Man Utd ‘not shopping in Harrods any more’ with Arnautovic better choice than ‘hiding’ Jadon Sancho, says Agbonlahor have 734 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.