Peggy Drexler is a research psychologist, documentary producer and the author of “Our Fathers, Ourselves: Daughters, Fathers, and the Changing American Family” and “Raising Boys Without Men.” She is an executive producer, most recently, on “My Name is Pauli Murray,” a film that premiered at Sundance, is now streaming on Amazon Prime Video. The opinions expressed in this commentary are hers. View more opinion on CNN.
(CNN) This week, convicted January 6 rioter Guy Reffitt, who brought a gun to the Capitol building and threatened House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, was sentenced to more than seven years in prison. It’s the longest insurrection-related sentence to date — and one that his 19-year-old son, Jackson, has said he fully agrees with. “I haven’t been happy through this whole situation,” Jackson, who warned the FBI about his father both before and after the insurrection, told CNN in an interview .
- Richard Masur on
- The Best NBC Office Episodes Of All Time, Ranked
- 2 Generations of 'Star Wars' Fans Debate 'Solo'
- Critic's Notebook: How 'Succession' Quickly Became One of TV's Best Comedies (Or Dramas)
- How 'Curse of La Llorona' Gave Linda Cardellini the Shot She'd Never Had
- The 5 Best Jennifer Aniston Movies, And The 5 Worst
- How a Backcountry Ranger With 28 Years Experience Vanished
- Summer Reading for the Literary Traveler — Beat the Heat and Join the Challenge!
- 1 Year Travelling Around the World
- The Suffering and Spirit of San Juan
- Readly review – the magazine app revolutionising travel entertainment
- 24 Best Cheap Christmas Gifts
- Best Executive Or Club Lounges In Paris Hotels
- 1 Year Travelling Around the World – Our Costs & Secrets Comment navigation
- 1 Year Travelling Around the World – Our Costs & Secrets
- A Rebel French Poet Draws New Followers to the Hometown He Hated
Opinion: Loving your family even when they make horrible choices have 972 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.