Mary Ziegler is the author of “Abortion and the Law in America: Roe v. Wade to the Present” and the forthcoming book “Dollars for Life: The Anti-Abortion Movement and the Fall of the Republican Establishment.” Elizabeth Sepper is a professor of law at the University of Texas at Austin and an expert in health law, religion and equality. The views expressed in this commentary are their own. View more opinion on CNN.
(CNN) A woman turned away with an ectopic pregnancy . A miscarrying mother sent home, where she develops an infection. People with severe pregnancy complications left untreated. Within a month of the Supreme Court’s decision overturning Roe v. Wade, abortion bans have thrown emergency care into disarray and put doctors in an impossible bind.
- Rep. Ron Paul Comes Out Swinging Against Abortion At Iowa Straw Poll Speech
- Report: more women coming to Illinois for abortions
- Undocumented Man Facing State, Federal Charges After Alleged DUI Crash that Killed NFL’s Edwin Jackson
- Abortion Rights Activists Remind Google That It’s Hurting Vulnerable Women
- The Kavanaugh Hearings Are a Battlefield Not Just for Abortion, but Birth Control
- The Supreme Court Narrowly Blocked a Louisiana Anti-Abortion Law—for Now
- Missouri subpoenas abortion clinic doctors amid legal battle
- ‘This Right Allows a Woman to Make Her Own Decisions’: Kansas Supreme Court Issues Major Abortion Ruling
- Kansas Supreme Court Issues Major Abortion Ruling
- Wyoming Legislator: “Unlike a Clothing Purchase, Women Can’t Change Their Minds About an Abortion”
- The Latest: Opponents of Alabama anti-abortion bill protest
- Anti-Abortion Movie About Roe v. Wade Is Pushed By Nick Loeb
- Opinion: The silver lining of Kavanaugh's conﬁrmation
- It’s time for business to show some spine and come out against a no-deal Brexit
- Opinion: The pernicious myth of a Caucasian race
- Wisconsin Republicans Trying to Forbid Schools from Teaching OB/GYN Residents Abortion Procedure
- Why Alabama’s Abortion Ban Goes Beyond Alabama
- Emotionally Charged Abortion Debate Hits MA State House
- Anti-Choice Lawmakers Help Cause the Later Abortions They Hate So Much
- Anti-Abortion Extremist Judge Also Hates Birth Control, Says Planned Parenthood “Kills Over 150,000 Females a Year”
Opinion: The coming state-federal showdown over abortion have 1689 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.