Julian Zelizer, a CNN political analyst, is a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University. He is the author and editor of 24 books, including, ” The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: A First Historical Assessment .” Follow him on Twitter @julianzelizer . The views expressed in this commentary are his own. View more opinion on CNN.
(CNN) Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban headlined the Conservative Political Action Conference in Texas Thursday. He received a boisterous reception, as the audience cheered him on during his blistering attacks on abortion, immigration, LGBTQ rights and more.
- Dysfunctional democracy blocks educational progress — Senate, protect voting rights
- Opinion: What's really behind the 'Justice for J6' rally
- The immigration debate shows progressives have abandoned the working class | Opinion
- Nigel Farage: We didn't free Britain from Brussels only to bow before Beijing. Conservatives must rebel over Huawei | Opinion
- Will Lawmakers Finally Act Against Big Tech?
- Hungary PM Viktor Orban responds to criticism from Timothy Garton Ash | View
- [OPINION] September 11 and the debacle of 'nation-building' in Afghanistan
- Hungarian Govt Slams Romney for Attacking 'Media Freedom, Democracy'
- Pope to Orban's Hungary: Open Your Arms to Everyone
- Surrendering to Republicans on Voting Rights Won’t Save Democracy
- Exclusive — RSC's Jim Banks 'Building Consensus Conservative Agenda'
- The California Recall’s Warning for Democracy
- Pope to Orban's Hungary: Open your arms to everyone
- Pope heads to Orban's Hungary at start of 4-day Europe trip
- Equilibrium/Sustainability — Presented by The American Petroleum Institute — Dems demand accounting from Big Oil
- 'Welcome back America!': Europe reacts to Biden winning US presidential election
- Bernie Sanders and Cindy McCain Write Tributes for Biden and Other Leaders on TIME 100 List
- 5 takeaways from Newsom’s big win in California’s recall election
- ‘A Complete Perversion of Our Democracy’
- In City Where China Welcomed the World, Xi Prepares for a Colder One
Opinion: Why conservatives gave a big welcome to leader who suppressed Hungary's democracy have 1111 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.