A pro gamer who killed a teenage rival then chuckled as he filmed her bloodied corpse has been given 14 years behind bars.
Gruesome footage shot by Guilherme Alves Costa, 18, shows victim Ingrid Oliveira Bueno da Silva, 19, lying on his bedroom floor in a pool of blood.
What appears to be a sword handle can be seen sticking out from the victim’s stomach.
Alves Costa – known professionally as Flash Asmodeus – had met Ingrid online through the game Call of Duty Mobile a month before the crime.
He had apparently lured the teen to his home in Sao Paulo, Brazil, where he stabbed her to death on February 22 last year.
Seemingly inspired by the shooting video game, he then filmed a video of the bloody aftermath, in which he can be heard saying: “Look, how wonderful.”
He sent it on to his gaming team before turning handing himself to the police.
When asked about his motive for the slaying, Alves Costa merely told police: “I wanted to do it.”
A bizarre, 52-page manifesto called ‘Meu Dicionario’ (My Dictionary) was seized by police who revealed how the teen had “planned an attack against Christianity”.
He appeared in court in Sao Paulo on Monday, where a jury found him guilty of aggravated murder by majority verdict.
Judge Michelle Porto de Medeiros Cunha Carreiro sentenced him to 14 years and recommended that he take up psychiatric counselling.
Joao Marcos Alves Batista from the defendant’s legal team believes that that the sentence should be 12 years.”
A private psychiatrist consulted by the legal team said Alves Costa had a persistent delusional disorder and antisocial personality disorder.
Defence lawyers are also trying to get him out of prison and into a hospital, but the public prosecutor is opposed to this.
The public prosecutor’s office concluded in April last year that the suspect did not have any mental health issues.
In a statement, Ingrid’s gaming team said: “She was an excellent player, she had a space in our hearts. She was an extraordinary person, always motivating us and believing. We owe her and her family our utmost respect and our condolences.”
- Best films of 2018 ranked
- Police arrest teenager, 18, over murder of Jaden Moodie, 14
- Navy SEAL denies slitting throat of 15-year-old ISIS member in Iraq before posing for photos with teen’s corpse
- Mum of murdered boy, 14, reveals killer's 'sick Snapchat taunts from prison'
- How 25 murders, drug cartels and £200m made Adams family Britain’s most notorious gang and more dangerous than the Krays
- Mexico tourism boom as 45m bargain-hunting holidaymakers flock to country despite shocking murder sprees which left 33,000 dead
- Kyle's murder featured on TV
- A Private War – a weekly round-up of the latest films
- Rousing ghosts: Ukraine famine film warns Europe – Reuters
- The St Valentine’s Day massacre was 90 years ago – how was Al Capone involved and how many were killed?
- Killers grin as they are found guilty of gangland murder of John Kinsella
- The Saudi crown prince and the Khashoggi murder: ‘When the camel falls, the knives multiply’
- WATCH: Paul Massey predicted his murder saying 'I pity the bastard who did it'
- Chilling school class photo which reveals the horrors of the Holocaust
- What happened to the other ISIS brides who abandoned Britain for jihad
- Arlene Foster: Police Chief recruitment 'compromised' by Sinn Fein leader remarks
- Flashback: Suffolk Christmases in the past
- Strictly’s AJ Pritchard says he is open to dating both women and men
- Mexico's other government
- Bouncer at party in exclusive student houses stabbed to death
Pro gamer who killed teenage rival with sword filmed her bloodied corpse after murder have 629 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at August 10, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.