Nairobi ● Thu, August 11 2022
Kenyans waited anxiously on Wednesday for the results of the country’s presidential election after a largely peaceful poll, with low turnout pointing to growing frustration with the political elite.
Preliminary results broadcast by Kenyan television suggest a tight race for the presidency between Deputy President William Ruto and Raila Odinga, the veteran opposition leader now backed by the ruling party.
Both men have vowed to maintain calm following Tuesday’s poll, but the memory of past election-related violence remains fresh for many Kenyans, who have urged political parties to accept the results.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Kenya investigating Odinga 'inauguration'
- The city awaiting a Brexit bombshell: After Peterborough voted to replace disgraced MP Fiona Onasanya, the favourites are parties most vocal about leaving or remaining in the EU
- Let 16-year-olds vote
- Jharkhand Assembly Election Result 2019: Hemant Soren’s JMM and allies thump BJP
- Jharkhand Election Results: As trends give edge to JMM-Cong-RJD over BJP, here's what political leaders have to say
- Jharkhand Election Result 2019: 9 out of 10 bellwether seats vote for JMM or Congress, maintain record
- Jharkhand Election Result 2019: How heavy losses in tribal-dominated seats led to BJP’s defeat
- Canelo vs. Jacobs results, highlights: Alvarez earns decision victory to unify middleweight titles
- Netanyahu wins party vote in boost ahead of Israeli election
- PissPigGranddad, the Punk-Rock Florist Who Fought ISIS in Syria, Is Coming Home
- India welcomes preliminary results of Afghan Presidential election
- 58 GOP lawmakers vote against disaster aid bill
- ‘Stop Boris’ MPs rally round May ahead of crucial Brexit votes
- DeVos confirmed as education secretary, Pence casts historic tie-breaking vote
- 'Londoners have chosen unity over division': First Muslim mayor Sadiq Khan blasts rival Zac Goldsmith's 'politics of fear' after winning record vote as top Tory slams 'return of the nasty party'
- Kenyans debate Cambridge Analytica's alleged involvement in 2017 elections
- DMK, allies pip ruling AIADMK combine in TN rural civic polls
- DMK, allies pip ruling AIADMK combine in Tamil Nadu rural civic polls
- Much ado about numbers
- The craziest TV moments of 2019 unpacked
Tense Kenya awaits results of close-fought vote have 378 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 11, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.