Kyiv ● Mon, August 15 2022
Ukraine is targeting Russian soldiers who shoot at Europe’s largest nuclear power station or use it as a base to shoot from, as Group of Seven nations, fearing a nuclear catastrophe, have called on Moscow to withdraw its forces from the plant.
Ukraine and Russia have traded accusations over multiple incidents of shelling at the Zaporizhzhia facility in southern Ukraine. Russian troops captured the station early in the war.
“Every Russian soldier who either shoots at the plant, or shoots using the plant as cover, must understand that he becomes a special target for our intelligence agents, for our special services, for our army,” President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said in an evening address on Saturday.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- The First Nuclear Power Plant in Belarus Is a Dangerous Fiasco
- Russian soldier: 'You're better clueless because the truth is horrible'
- Russian mercenaries fight shadowy battle in gas-rich Mozambique
- Ukraine Plans to Use Westinghouse Fuel in 40% of NPP Units
- Russian vets seek to bring the Kremlin's mercenaries in from the cold
- Russian firm in Siemens turbine scandal moves to liquidate
- Death toll of Russian rocket disaster rises to FIVE as experts blame experimental nuclear-powered cruise missile for mystery blast that caused a huge radiation spike and left six with radiation poisoning
- Ukraine Could Act as Subcontractor in Turkish Nuclear Projects
- Mariupol, next in the sights of pro-Russia rebels in eastern Ukraine
- Biden accuses Trump of 'clear-cut corruption' for asking Ukraine's president EIGHT TIMES to investigate his son Hunter, as former VP calls for 'immediate release of call transcript' between the two leaders
- Ukraine's Nuclear Power Industry Operating 'by Experiments' Major Target for US
- Ukrainian film-maker tells Russian court he will 'suffer or die' for his beliefs
- Intensifying fighting in Syria's Idlib threatens fragile ceasefire
- Hell on Earth for an Activist Murdered With Acid in Ukraine
- Russian reinforcements head for Syria: Warships laden with tanks, military trucks and armoured patrol boats sail towards the Middle East as the world awaits Putin's response to airstrikes
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine in 'illegal' poll
- UN declares Russia's annexation of Crimea illegal, IMF announces Ukraine loan package
- Ukraine’s Elections Suffer From a Manafort Hangover—And The Next President May Be Comedian Volodymyr Zelensky
- Red Famine by Anne Applebaum review – did Stalin deliberately let Ukraine starve?
- Lobbyist dubbed Dr Evil behind front groups attacking Obama power rules
Ukraine targets Russian soldiers threatening power plant have 436 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at August 15, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.