Jakarta ● Thu, September 22 2022
The government aims to jumpstart stalled renewable energy projects through a recently issued regulation, which pushes the establishment of large-scale renewable energy plants, making the utilization of electric vehicles (EVs) greener as they will eventually use electricity from eco-friendly sources.
Presidential Regulation No. 112/2022 concerning the acceleration of renewable energy development for electricity supply, in effect since Sept. 13, eliminates feed-in-tariffs in the renewable energy pricing mechanism, prohibits construction of new coal-fired power plants and provides fiscal incentives to encourage investment in new and renewable energy (NRE) projects.
Institute for Essential Services and Reform (IESR) executive director Fabby Tumiwa expected the new regulation to help EVs become cleaner as it stipulates the early retirement of coal-fired power plants and provides a "relatively good" pricing scheme for electricity generated from renewable energy power plants, making NRE projects more appealing to investors.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- New FINRA Rule 5131 Relating to Allocation and Distribution of Shares in IPOs Approved by the SEC
- Update on the Department of Labor’s New Fiduciary Rules and Subsequent Challenges
- Bond-Financed Hospitals Must Apply New IRS Rules to Service Contracts
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources' New Phosphorus Rules: Implementation Begins
- New FiT rate expected to promote investment in solar energy
- Private Investment Fund Managers and Other Investment Advisers May Be Affected by Department of Labor’s New Fiduciary Rules
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s New Proposed Rules Defining Fiduciary Investment Advice
- SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) Proposes New Crowdfunding Rules
- New Dealing Rules for Executives of UK Quoted Companies: Implications for Share Plans
- Insiders Say New MACRA Rule Likely as Providers Look to Sec. Price to Ease Burden
- Slovakia's new president takes aim at China's rights record
- The Health 202: Trump health officials rewrite big Obamacare rules
- Trump’s Drug Pricing Plan Tests Limits of the Law
- ‘Airbnb Tax’ in N.J. Opens New Front in Battle Over Internet Economy
- Inside New FAR Whistleblower Rule: Key Takeaways for Contractors
- SEC Proposed Rule 18f-4 Would Severely Restrict Use of Derivatives by Investment Companies
- UK Government Confirms Introduction of New Cap on Interest Deductibility
- Golden Leash Rule, Say-on-Pay, Form 10-K Summaries: Proxy Season Guide to 2017
- SEC Releases Crowdfunding Rules for Securities Offerings
- Requiem for Reasonable Expectations - Issue Price of Tax-Advantaged Bonds
New pricing rules aimed at luring NRE investment have 417 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.