Jakarta ● Thu, September 22, 2022
A trial relating to a 2014 gross human rights violation that occurred in Paniai regency in Papua began on Wednesday at the Makassar Human Rights Court in South Sulawesi, with a retired military officer standing accused as the sole defendant in the case.
The defendant is Maj. Gen. (ret.) Isak Sattu, who was a liaison officer for the Paniai Military Command (Kodim) at the time of the incident. He has been indicted for not having taken appropriate steps to prevent the incident from occurring.
Prosecutor Erryl Prima Putra Agoes said that around the time of the incident, one of Isak’s subordinates fired a warning shot and asked for Isak's directions.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Retired two-star Army general pleads guilty to sexually abusing his daughter
- Auschwitz bookkeeper admits 'moral guilt' at Holocaust trial
- Alexander Vindman, Trump impeachment witness, retires from military
- The military justice solution in search of a problem
- Kosovo president Hashim Thaci indicted for war crimes
- Ghislaine Maxwell Posed As Retired Journalist To Purchase Her Luxurious New Hampshire Hideaway
- Statue of confederate naval officer Matthew Fontaine Maury who invented mines is removed from Richmond's confederacy row
- Trial of Alleged Sudan War Criminal Sends Strong Signal, Prosecutor says
- India tried to persuade Pakistan to free Kulbhushan Jadhav: Harish Salve
- Israel: Thousands of protesters call on Netanyahu to resign
- Thousands of protesters in Israel call on Netanyahu to resign
- Jadhav’s death sentence base on credible evidence: Pakistan
- 2020 Daily Trail Markers: Jacksonville's COVID count rises in weeks before GOP convention
- Special Report: China expands amphibious forces in challenge to U.S. beyond Asia
- Russia report claims Moscow meddled in Scottish independence vote - as Brexit campaigner Arron Banks demands to know if it rakes up false allegations he was a Kremlin agent
- Detention of Jadhav in Pakistan illegal, says External Affairs Minister in Rajya Sabha
- Fresh bid to get consular access for Kulbhushan Jadhav
- Hashim Thaci's past catches up with Kosovo's future
- A look at Serbia-Kosovo dispute as war crimes charges filed
- Ghislaine Maxwell LIVE: Epstein ‘pimp’ is denied bail after not guilty plea and ‘posed as journalist to buy hideaway’
Retired military officer indicted in ‘Bloody Paniai’ trial have 395 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.