San Juan ● Thu, September 22 2022
Hurricane Fiona continued its slow and devastating march northward after slamming the Turks and Caicos Islands on Tuesday and leaving a trail of destruction in Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic.
Hurricane Fiona was upgraded to a major Category 4 storm on Wednesday as it moved toward Bermuda, the United States National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
“Reports from an Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft indicate that the maximum sustained winds are now near 130 mph [210 km/h] with higher gusts,” the NHC said, adding that Fiona will “approach Bermuda late on Thursday.”
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- China gets closer to North Korea and Iran as they struggle to deal with the U.S.
- Hurricane Maria: Puerto Rico left entirely without power
- Hurricane Maria: Storm lashes Dominican Republic after Puerto Rico is 'obliterated'
- Shocking new predictions for hurricane season revealed with SEVENTEEN new storms forecast to hit in months
- Hurricane Bonnie could build THIS WEEK ahead of July 4 weekend after experts warned of ‘unusually active season’
- ‘Outer Banks’: Andy McQueen, Fiona Palomo & Lou Ferrigno Jr Board Season 3
- Woodside's North West Shelf gas project gets environmental tick to extend its life to 2070
- EXPLAINER: Is North Korea moving nukes to its border?
- North Korea strikes worrying Russia deal as Kim vows to 'go all out' on nuclear weapons
- Young couple who died in tractor-trailer headed to U.S. "so they could have a different life, so they could achieve goals"
- Nato must strengthen its presence in Eastern Europe in response to Russia's criminal aggression
- North Korea slams US-South Korea-Japan military cooperation
- North Korea slams U.S.-South Korea-Japan military cooperation
- Atlantic hurricane season: Forecast calls for 17 remaining named storms in 2022
- Cynthia Erivo turns heads in a quirky silver gown as she attends the 2022 Grammy Awards
- New Hurricane Bonnie path tracker and impact on US revealed after Category 3 storm kills at least two people
- House in North Carolina set ablaze by lightning strike: reports
- An Odyssey of the North
- Electra Fire: Firefighters Strengthening Lines, Containment Jumps To 65%; Evacuation Orders Still In Effect
- Electra Fire: Firefighters Strengthening Lines, Containment Jumps To 72%; More Evacuations Lifted
Strengthening Hurricane Fiona heads north have 397 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 22, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.