Paris ● Fri, September 23 2022
A British firm says it has produced the world’s first bioplastic vinyl record, which it hopes will reduce the need for highly toxic PVC.
Bioplastics are derived from sources such as sugars and starches – rather than oil or gas – and do not create any toxic waste in their production.
The new bioplastic vinyl by UK firm Evolution has been endorsed by NGO Music Declares Emergency, a climate change campaign group set up in 2019 by artists and music industry professionals.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Keep an ION These – ION Vinyl Record Players from £39.99
- Vinyl record buyers are old and lonely, says new study
- Arctic Monkeys and Pink Floyd spinning record sales of vinyl records
- Amazon extends AutoRip to vinyl records
- Sailboat-plane hybrid hopes to break world speed sailing record
- HMV launching UK-wide gaming centres
- Telstra launches UK, Asia cloud platform
- 'World's cheapest tablet' launches in the UK
- Nuggets: World's first recordable MP3 player
- Vinyl Takes Video Game Music Appreciation To New Levels
- Urban Outfitters Sells More Vinyl Albums Than Anyone Else
- A vinyl hoarder ups the ante: Can one man buy all the records in the world?
- Urban Outfitters Lied About Being the World's Biggest Vinyl Dealer
- UK heatwave: A respite ahead as rain predicted in parts of UK
- Player Launches Friend At Beast
- Take your classic records with you wherever you go with these ION vinyl players under £55
- Brits spent more on vinyl than on music downloads
- Beer and vinyl will make you feel fine, thanks to this delivery service
- The secret art of cutting music into records, one disc at a time
- This portable vinyl turntable with bluetooth is now less than £15 at Amazon
World's first bioplastic vinyl record launched in UK have 322 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at September 23, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.