Jakarta ● Sat, October 1 2022
The rom-com’s dated formula and perplexing message aside, its leading lady proves that she is still a force to be reckoned with.
In the early 2000s, it seemed that Marshanda was on top of the world. Practically everything she touched turned to gold.
Her leading turns in that decade’s quintessential soap operas— Bidadari (Angel), Kisah Kasih di Sekolah (The Love Story At School) and Kisah Sedih di Hari Minggu (The Sad Story of a Sunday)—made her one of the most bankable actresses of her generation. When she crossed over to the silver screen, her cinematic debut Petualangan 100 Jam (A 100-Hour Adventure), starring fellow child actor Joshua Suherman, hinted at bigger things to come.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- REVIEW: Beacon's Snow White a bit of alright
- Lady Bird star Saoirse Ronan: Women wouldn't have got in the door in the past
- REVIEW: ‘Phenomenal’ Wicked dazzles crowds at Bristol Hippodrome
- But is it poetry? Review of Sundog: Selected Lyrics by Scott Walker
- REVIEW: The New Girl Is (back) In Town in feel-good show
- Review: Dundee University Opsoc
- Paul Whitelaw's Christmas TV Review
- Review: Nissan Leaf
- Culture: Life is a cabaret for stage show about two Hollywood icons
- REVIEW: Perennial favourite doesn't disappoint
- REVIEW: Jaw-dropping show ‘Flashdance – The Musical’ captures energy of 80s disco
- Book reviews: Thrills, spills, sleuths and ponies mark a new year of reading
- Review: My Fair Lady – lively, engaging, effortless at the Bristol Hippodrome
- Film reviews: Lady Bird
- Best dressed lady at the Galway Races takes home highest honour and €10k prize – after making her own hat from a fruit bowl
- Theatre Review: Anne Boleyn at the Globe
- BBC pay review for on-air talent finds ‘no evidence of gender bias’ in salary decisions
- REVIEW: Richard Durrant’s Candlelit Christmas Concert
- Met Police to review ALL sex assault cases after second rape trial blunder involving the same officer and withheld text messages
- ALBUM REVIEWS: Contender to be next Scottish first lady of song
‘Gendut Siapa Takut?!’ review: Marshanda shows off her leading lady material have 367 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.