(BPT) – As the weather gets colder, it's time to start thinking about getting your car road-ready for winter conditions. While your car may be running fine now, you'll want to get it checked out before the weather takes a turn for the worse.
When it comes to car winter readiness, your first thought is probably the condition of your tires. However, there are other items you'll need to check as well. For example, you'll want to make sure your engine oil and antifreeze are suitable for colder weather to help protect your engine during frigid weather. You'll also want to check your headlights, all exterior lights and wiper blades to help ensure clear visibility as well as being readily seen by others in inclement weather. And of course, you can't forget to check your battery, which can have difficulty starting in colder weather.
If you are not a do-it-yourselfer, before winter settles in, you can take your vehicle to Jiffy Lube . With more than 2,000 locations nationwide, you can find a service center near you where the trained technicians can inspect your vehicle and help ensure you are prepared for the winter months ahead. And, in the spirit of the season, Jiffy Lube is giving customers like you the opportunity to help vulnerable seniors while getting your car ready for winter.
More than an oil change
As part of its mission to make a difference, Jiffy Lube is collaborating with Meals on Wheels America to raise funds for at-risk seniors through the Jiffy Lube Drive To Do More campaign.
The holiday season can be a tough time for seniors. According to Meals on Wheels America , in the U.S., more than 9 million seniors are threatened by or experience food insecurity, and more than 18 million live alone and contend with social isolation. While these are year-round challenges, the holidays can underscore and worsen these issues.
"The holiday season can be difficult for homebound seniors," said Kristine Templin, Chief Development Officer of Meals on Wheels America. "Harsh winter weather and busy schedules can leave some of our most vulnerable community members at even greater risk of isolation, loneliness, and hunger."
Through its national Drive To Do More for Meals on Wheels campaign, Jiffy Lube will raise funds to provide meals, friendly visits and safety checks to seniors. Throughout the month of October, you can visit your local participating Jiffy Lube service center and donate to Meals on Wheels during checkout, helping provide meals and more just in time for the holiday season and beyond. Jiffy Lube will also jump-start donations with its own contribution to the non-profit. Every dollar donated will benefit seniors nationwide.
During October, participating Jiffy Lube locations will raise funds for Meals on Wheels America and local senior nutrition programs to help provide meals and more just in time for the holiday season and beyond.
Before you hit the road for a family holiday gathering or winter event, make sure your car is ready for winter road conditions. To learn more, visit JiffyLube.com.
This sponsored article is presented by Brandpoint.
- A Canadian oil firm thinks it has struck big. Some fear it could ravage a climate change hotspot
- Texas Power Grid, Strained Last Winter, Now Faces an Early Heat Wave
- Pet Advice, rescue dogs: what you need to consider when adopting a new dog
- Car insurance rules 'actively penalise' drivers and are 'unfair' on motorists
- How Tesla Reinvented the Car As We Know It | Digital Trends
- Car Repair Insurance: Do You Need It?
- Combatting climate change will make us more secure
- Biden administration halts oil exploration in Alaska's Arctic refuge
- S-Oil donates 150 million won to help heat houses this winter
- What does the Climate Change Commission's roadmap mean for our lives?
- Britain set to stockpile metals for electric cars to beat Chinese threat
- US oil rises above $60 as Texas gets pummeled with ice and snow
- Americans are buying lipstick and condoms. Here's how bars are prepping for a big summer
- In Britain, Austerity Is Changing Everything
- Everyone Wants to Sell the Last Barrel of Oil
- Big Oil’s huge bet to save itself from extinction
- Biden’s Push for Electric Cars: $174 Billion, 10 Years and a Bit of Luck
- For Oil And Gas Companies, COVID-19 Considerations Know No Borders
- Vitamin supplements for man's best friend? What you need to know and how they can help YOUR dog feel their very best
- The retreat of Exxon and the Oil Majors won't stop fossil fuels
Need an oil change? How you can prep your car for winter and help vulnerable seniors have 742 words, post on www.chron.com at October 1, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.