Parla, Spain ● Thu, November 24, 2022
The row started with something minor: ‘Edu’ was laughing at something on his phone but refused to show it to his girlfriend ‘Ali’. She got upset and they started arguing.
Angry words turned into shouting and insults and suddenly a furious ‘Edu’ grabs her phone and hurls it to the classroom floor where it shatters, the violent gesture shocking the group of watching teenagers.
The confrontation between the two characters, played by actors, is part of a play by Teatro Que Cura (The Healing Theatre) visiting a high school in the town of Parla near Madrid to raise awareness about domestic violence.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
- Why is Cesc Fabregas not playing for Spain in the World Cup, and when did he get married to Daniella Semaan?
- Police warn about 'horror' video game played by tragic teen
- Lizzo Covers Teen Vogue and We’re in Love (Again)
- Liberia: 'Liberians Must Fight Violence Against Women, Girls'
- Liberia: Labor, Gender, Police to Account for State Witnesses' Disappearance
- Africa: Economic Diversification Through Mining Requires Gender and Community Rights Focus
- Namibia: Gender Equality Not a Slogan in Namibia
- Namibia: Gender Equality Is Visible in Namibia
- Women outnumber men in new Spain cabinet
- 13 Reasons Why Season 2 Still Exploits the Teen Audience It Aims to Support
- White woman charged with assaulting black teen at pool
- 4 dead teens, 2 boys in jail, 6 shattered families
- Growing up in Spain’s poorest neighborhood
- Gambia: Mayoress Pledges to Give Part of Her Salary On Girl's Education
- Hull Truck Theatre pledges 50/50 gender split in all productions
- Constable: Found pin leads to hero's story, bond between teen and Gold Star mother
- Saudi Women Can Now Drive. Overcoming Beliefs on Gender Will Be Harder.
- Spain’s Crisis Is Desperate But Not Serious
- Kenya: Meet the Kenyan Teen Who Waved Flag At World Cup Match
- Africa: 630 Migrants Get Warm Welcome in Spain
Interactive play gives Spain teens insight into gender violence have 380 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at November 24, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.