Jakarta ● Thu, December 8 2022
Health Minister Budi Gunadi Sadikin launched a month-long immunization campaign on Monday that aims to eradicate polio in Aceh through the vaccination of more than 1 million children, amid slipping child inoculation rates nationwide.
The campaign was launched following the discovery of 4 polio cases, one of which was paralytic, in Aceh in early November. It was the first time in four years that Indonesia had reported instances of the disease.
"I have asked the governor [of Aceh] to wrap up [the immunization program] before the end of the month, so that all children [in Aceh] can get their [polio vaccinations]. We do not want any more children in Aceh to be exposed to polio,” Budi said at Monday’s launch event in the province.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Mass vaccination campaign launched
- Tap water campaign targets plastic waste
- Uncontrolled polio outbreak continues to spread in the DRC
- Polio re-emerges in Venezuela, nearly 30 years after eradication
- Polio immunisation drive starts Monday
- Planning in progess for mass polio campaign
- Founder of initiative to help end Polio visits Storrington
- Papua New Guinea sees return of polio
- Rotarians epic drive to eradicate polio
- How to 'inoculate' your children against bogus health claims
- UK announces £170m Yemen aid package as millions face starvation
- 'Google Makes Money by Being Able to Target Kids'
- Unaccompanied asylum seeking children going missing in UK due to Home Office delays, finds report
- Police launch festival safety campaign
- Parents urged to walk children to school on quiet roads to avoid pollution
- Up to 100,000 children to miss out on free school meals because of government threshold, study finds
- EU pledges €107.5 million help Yemeni famine victims
- Deadly clashes in Gaza mark start of Palestinian campaign
- Over 1,000 children abducted by Boko Haram since 2013
- What is meningitis, how do you get it, what are the symptoms and what is the meningitis B vaccine trial?
Aceh polio vaccination campaign to target 1.2 million children have 351 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.