Amazon.com Inc and Apple Inc are planning to resume advertising on Twitter, according to media reports on Saturday.
The developments follow an email sent by Twitter on Thursday to advertising agencies offering advertisers incentives to increase their spending on the platform, an effort to jump-start its business after Elon Musk's takeover prompted many companies to pull back.
According to Reuters, Twitter billed the offer as the "biggest advertiser incentive ever on Twitter," according to the email reviewed. U.S. advertisers who book $500,000 in incremental spending will qualify to have their spending matched with a "100% value add," up to a $1 million cap, the email said.
On Saturday, a Platformer News reporter tweeted that Amazon plans to resume advertising on Twitter at about $100 million a year, pending some security tweaks to the company's ads platform.
However, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that Amazon had never stopped advertising on Twitter.
A view of the Twitter logo at its corporate headquarters in San Francisco, California, U.S. October 27, 2022. REUTERS/Carlos Barria
Separately, during a Twitter Spaces conversation, Musk announced that Apple is the largest advertiser on Twitter and has "fully resumed" advertising on the platform, according to a Bloomberg report.
Musk's first month as Twitter's owner has included a slashing of staff, including employees who work on content moderation, and incidents of spammers impersonating major public companies, which has spooked the advertising industry.
Many companies, from General Mills Inc to luxury automaker Audi of America, stopped or paused advertising on Twitter since the acquisition. Musk said in November that the company had seen a "massive" drop in revenue.
Apple and Twitter did not immediately respond to Reuter's request for comment on the matter.
Subscribe to our newsletters! Get updates right into your inbox
As an Amazon Associate INQUIRER.net will earn from qualifying purchases.
- Apple and Amazon Call Bullshit on Chinese Spy Microchip Report [Update]
- Trump Says He Will Force Apple to Manufacture in the US Even Though That Makes Absolutely No Sense
- When Apple Damns Your Texts to iMessage Purgatory
- Treehouse Lodge was a high point of our Amazon stay
- Amazon Isn’t Coming to New York Anymore and Twitter Is on Fire
- Amazon Reveals Creative Team Behind Lord Of The Rings Series
- It’s Time For Apple To Flip The Switch On TV
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire Is Built To Blaze Through Amazon Purchases
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire: A Mega, Meta Mash-Up Of Reviews
- Walled gardens look rosy for Facebook, Apple – and would-be censors
- Big Donors Are Pulling Out of Brazil's Amazon Fund; That Could Spell Trouble for the Rainforest
- 3 Ways Google’s Majel May Out-Chat Apple’s Siri (And 1 Big Way It Could Remain Speechless)
- 5 Reasons Google Is Sweating Apple
- Twitch App Goes Live on Apple TV
- Qualcomm Tries to Look Cool Ahead of Apple Day and Fails
- HP Keeps WebOS, Google Launches “Currents” E-reader App, Victory For Samsung Against Apple, Jawbone Offers Refund For UP
- Apple no longer faces threat of an employer tax in Cupertino
- Comcast says most services restored after widespread outage
- How to make the best of the season in Apple Hill, starting with getting there
- A Notorious Scammer Tricked Twitter Into Thinking He Was in Syria [Updated]
Apple and Amazon to restore advertising on Twitter have 581 words, post on usa.inquirer.net at December 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.