BBC Weather: Outbreaks of rain set in across the UK
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
The BBC weatherman also warned Britons about murky foggy conditions, which are set to be the worst in parts of the southwest of England. Mr Taylor forecasted brighter sunnier conditions in Devon and Cornwall. And he predicted outbreaks of rain in eastern parts of England this weekend, with the Met Office issuing a yellow weather warning for widespread fog across the UK.
Mr Taylor said: “There is something much, much colder coming our way as I’ll show you in a minute.
“But for the time being, it’s as you were, more fog around, particularly in England and Wales.
“The murk will lift for some of you today, and certainly across eastern areas which should start to see things brighten up a little bit more than it has done over recent days.
“The start of a change, but here is the weather fog, and it’s at its most dense this morning in parts of the southwest.
Weather forecast (Image: BBC Weather)
Weather forecast UK (Image: BBC Breakfast)
Mr Taylor added: “From Somerset and through parts of east Wales, the Midlands and up towards parts of Lincolnshire and also Yorkshire.
“It will take a while to shift, and it will be stubborn across some parts of southeast Wales, and towards Somerset and Gloucestershire all day long.
“But away from that, we have got some sunshine at the moment across Devon and Cornwall to start the day.
“We will see some brighter conditions across Western parts of Wales too.
BBC Weather: Fog risk as temperatures plummet
Mr Taylor said: “And there is an easterly wind that develops and we will see things brighten up through the eastern half of England.
“But with it, East Anglia, and the southeast along with the Channel Islands could catch one or two showers.
“The temperatures look fairly similar to recent days, as the mildest conditions will be across the north and west of Scotland where the fog lingers.
“Only around 3 or 4 degrees as a high, and this evening and overnight the thickest of cloud will remain across western Scotland.
Fog warnings issued in the UK (Image: BBC)
Mr Taylor added: “Outbreaks of rain and lots of cloud for Northern Ireland too.
“With clear skies developing elsewhere we will see a chance of frost just about anywhere.
“And there will also be a few showers down through Eastern parts of England too.
“So we go into the weekend on a pretty chilly note.”
- From polar surges to arctic blasts – what extreme weather warning names really mean
- Thousands are told to find shelter NOW as bushfires approach - while Sydney faces a nervous wait with 'catastrophic' conditions set to get WORSE and the PM warns our darkest hours are ahead
- Britain braces for FLOODING in wake of Storm Doris as country to be lashed by heavy rain after overnight temperatures plunge to -4C forming deadly black ice
- UK weather forecast – Storm Brendan strikes Britain with 50ft waves, 80mph gusts and power blackouts
- UK weather forecast: Met Office's 16-hour 'danger to life' warning of 80mph winds
- UK weather forecast: Cold snap to make way for thick cloud coverage and heavy rain
- UK weather forecast: Rain warnings in place as Britain braces for Hurricane Lorenzo
- Three MORE weeks' worth of rain will swamp Britain in the next 48 hours with 160 flood alerts already in place and 'major incident' declared in Cornwall
- UK weather RECAP: Hurricane Lorenzo heads for Britain as 80mph gales hit Ireland
- UK weather forecast: Five days of rain to hit in aftermath of Storm Brendan
- UK weather forecast: Britain braced for its coldest winter for nearly 60 years
- UK weather forecast – 80mph gales batter Britain as 10ft waves crash into cafe leaving diners stunned
- UK weather forecast – Snow to hit Britain this week as -7C icy blast batters country
- Foreign Office issues 'extreme risk' warning to British tourists travelling to Spain and alert for southern France after storms and snow hit the Costa Blanca
- Season's SLEETINGS: Two weeks' worth of rain is set to batter Britain tomorrow with 100 areas on flood alert - as more SNOW, freezing fog and 70mph gales are on way too
- UK weather: Temperatures plunge to -7C overnight with urgent warnings issued
- UK weather: Brace yourself for plunging temperatures this weekend
- Weather: UK records highest air pressure in 63 years, Met Office reveals
- Hundreds are left without power after 80mph gales batter Britain and two weeks' worth of rain fall in 24 hours before Storm Brendan sweeps in on Monday
- UK weather forecast – Met Office warns temperatures will drop to -6C this weekend as icy blast grips Britain
BBC Weather warns outbreaks of rain and frosty foggy conditions to set in across the UK have 1041 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 2, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.