Donald Trump ‘can only serve one term’ says Greg Swenson
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Joe Biden has “condemned” Donald Trump after the 45th President claimed the constitution should be “terminated”. Mr Trump made the remark in reference to his unsubstantiated claim that the 2020 US Presidential Election was rigged in favour of Mr Biden.
Responding to the former POTUS, Mr Biden’s White House spokesperson Andrew Bates said: “Attacking the constitution and all it stands for is anathema to the soul of our nation and should be universally condemned.”
Mr Bates also called the constitution a “sacrosanct document”.
He added: “You cannot only love America when you win.”
Former Trump adviser John Bolton, who also served as George W Bush's UN ambassador, also criticised Mr Trump’s recent comments.
Joe Biden ‘condemns’ Donald Trump over ex-POTUS ‘terminate’ constitution comment (Image: Getty)
Mr Trump lost the 2020 election by more than seven million ballots. (Image: Getty)
He said: “No American conservative can agree with Donald Trump's call to suspend the constitution because of the results of the 2020 election.
“And all real conservatives must oppose his 2024 campaign for President.”
Mr Trump lost the 2020 election by more than seven million ballots.
He also trailed Mr Biden by 306 to 232 votes in the electoral college.
In a recent attack against 2020, Mr Trump took to his social media platform Truth Social. (Image: Getty)
Mr Bates also called the constitution a “sacrosanct document”. (Image: Getty)
In a recent attack against the last election, Mr Trump took to his social media platform Truth Social.
The 45th POTUS said: “A massive fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the constitution.”
According to the Guardian, Trump was writing after Twitter chief Elon Musk claimed he would show that the social media platform was previously guilty of “free speech suppression” by releasing evidence of how the platform responded to requests from campaigns in the 2020 election.
Mr Trump’s previous comments about the 2020 election fuelled protesters to storm the US Capitol on January 6, 2021.
DON’T MISS: ‘Lion’ DeSantis stepped in to stop ‘serious mistake’ by Apple in Musk Twitter row [REVEALED] DeSantis blasts Apple for Twitter ‘threat' and 'serving China' [INSIGHT] Bomb squad surrounds Russian Embassy in Washington after ‘suspicious package found’ [SPOTLIGHT]
Andrew Bates is a White House spokesperson to 46th POTUS Joe Biden. (Image: Getty)
GOP figures slammed Trump over the lack of red wave in last month’s midterms, including in Georgia. (Image: Getty)
Despite concerns about denying the result of the 2020 election, Mr Trump is the only declared candidate for the Republican nomination in 2024.
However, the two-time Republican nominee has come under fire from figures inside the Grand Old Party (GOP) after the Democrats defied the pollsters to cling on to the Senate and only narrowly lose the House in the recent midterm elections.
Many Republicans are facing mounting pressure to condemn the former President.
MSNBC host Mehdi Hasan on Saturday urged all congressional Republicans to be questioned about Mr Trump’s constitutional comments.
Senior Republicans also slammed Trump for meeting Ye (above) and white supremacist Nick Fuentes. (Image: Getty)
Former Trump adviser John Bolton also criticised Mr Trump’s recent comments. (Image: Getty)
He wrote on Twitter: “Do you support Donald Trump's demand to 'terminate' the Constitution?
“Doesn't his demand disqualify him from running for the presidency?
“Two questions that every single Republican member of the House and Senate needs to be asked, again and again, in the coming days.”
Senior Republicans also slammed Trump for meeting rapper Ye, previously known as Kayne West, and white supremacist Nick Fuentes.
The 45th POTUS has insisted that he did not know who Fuentes was but the alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos claimed he set up the Mar-a-Lago meeting to make “Trump's life miserable”.
- Sturgeon’s indy plan argues for more isolation despite slamming Brexi
- Biden accused of being ‘pro-EU’ as tensions simmer on Brexit deal
- UK voters agree that Brussels bureaucrats are obsessed with revenge
- Zahawi shuts down Boris supporters as he has ‘no chance’ to return
- Kuenssberg has Labour’s Phillipson squirming over pay disputes
- Trump brands Joe Biden ‘weak’ as ex vice president prepares to take on The Donald with 2020 presidential run
- Who has Donald Trump fired and who has resigned from his administration?
- Joe Biden Upset as Obama Talks to Other Dem 2020 Candidates
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for unity as he doubles down on pledge to build Mexico border wall
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for unity and announces second summit with Kim Jong-un
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for end to 'decades of political stalemate'
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump asks Americans to 'choose greatness' in bipartisan message
- Donald Trump's State of the Union address 2019
- Donald Trump poses a globally important dilemma for Democrats – Henry McLeish
- 'This is not normal': Malia Obama reveals dislike for Donald Trump on secret Facebook page
- Maduro condemns 'extremist' Trump
- Twitter Wild as Cheney's Doctor Suggests WH 'Hiding' Something on Trump's Exam
- Nancy Pelosi calls Trump 'potty-mouth' after his remarks on Biden
- Prof on MAGA Teens Scandal: MSM Became Part of Movement to Be Rid of POTUS Trump
- Opinion: With Kamala Harris in the race, Trump stands no chance of winning in 2020
- Trump and Pompeo Adopt 19th Century Colonial Language Towards Venezuela
- Beto O'Rourke is most popular Democratic challenger to Trump in 2020, says new poll
- 'I Don't Care About Europe': Trump Says He's Cool With Losing Approval in EU
- Obama launches thinly veiled attack on Trump for ‘making up facts’
- Trump’s Inquisitors: How far will the Democrats go with their new found investigative powers?
Joe Biden 'condemns' Donald Trump over ex-POTUS 'terminate' constitution comment have 1050 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 5, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.