Geneva ● Thu, December 8 2022
Negotiators are meeting in Geneva this week to thrash out a pandemic treaty aimed at ensuring the flaws that turned COVID-19 into a global crisis could never happen again.
As the third anniversary of the virus emerging rolls around, negotiators are raking over an early concept draft of what might eventually make it into an international agreement on how to handle future pandemics.
“The lessons of the pandemic must not go unlearned,” World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told the negotiating panel at the start of three days of talks, which conclude on Wednesday.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- EU wants pandemic treaty to ban wildlife markets, reward virus detection
- EXPLAINED: How the World Health Organization Might Face Future Pandemics
- Coronavirus: NHS warns of ‘second pandemic’ on the horizon - but it's not Covid-related
- 'Boris ambushed by own treaty' Brexit deal under fire as Lewis scrambles to slam EU
- Sir Richard Shepherd, Tory MP and committed Eurosceptic who rebelled over the Maastricht Treaty – obituary
- Corrosive Effects of Tear Gas Could Intensify Coronavirus Pandemic
- How I Turned $400 Into $15,000 ... and How I Plan to Do It Again
- NATO Plans a Special Force to Reassure Eastern Europe and Deter Russia
- WHO says it's unclear what role the Wuhan wet market played in coronavirus pandemic
- California first state in the United States to adopt 'endemic' virus policy for Covid pandemic
- New Twist in Pandemic’s Impact on Schools: Substitutes in Camouflage
- Global Tours Were Key for Orchestras. Then the Pandemic Hit.
- Sajid Javid's NHS plan IN FULL: How Government plans to cut record hospital waiting lists
- As states plan to lift school mask mandates, CDC remains vague on updating its guidance
- Sajid Javid 'not ambitious enough' with plans to reduce growing NHS waiting list
- What are scientists doing to prevent the next pandemic?
- Danish data offers hope the COVID-19 pandemic is ending, but experts warn it's not quite over yet
- Nearly Half Of U.S. Museums Plan To Rehire And/Or Increase Staff In 2022
- Report: Trump Ignored Pleas To Put Social Distancing Practices In Place, Warnings Of A Pandemic
- Hà Nội sets 3 plans for SEA Games ceremonies depending on pandemic
Pandemic treaty plans thrashed out at WHO have 403 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at December 8, 2022. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.