Gemma Atkinson laughs off comments about her pregnancy
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Pregnant Gemma Atkinson , 38, couldn't help but laugh after one troll suggested that her unborn child might not belong to her fiancé Gorka Márquez, 32, and was subsequently applauded for the way she handled the claim. Her exciting baby news comes amid rumours that she and her Strictly Come Dancing star beau have "secretly married" after some fans were convinced they had spotted a clue.
The former Hollyoaks actress, who met Gorka on Strictly Come Dancing, announced the pair are expecting a baby boy last weekend.
The Hits Radio presenter proved herself to be a true professional earlier this week, as she was forced to laugh off one cruel troll following her wonderful pregnancy announcement.
As her radio co-host Mike Toolan read out some nasty comments in reaction to the news, Gemma demonstrated that she wasn't prepared to let anyone get her down.
She read out one comment targeting her body, saying: “This is one from a guy called Steve-O. [He says] 'Well, that's her body ruined’.”
READ MORE: Sopranos’ John Ventimiglia ‘heartbroken’ as daughter Odele dies at 25
Gemma recently shared her happy pregnancy announcement (Image: Instagram)
Gemma laughed at her trolls this week (Image: HITS RADIO)
Gemma and Mike couldn’t hold in their laughter after reading the comment, with the former Emmerdale star adding: “I'm assuming Steve-O was birthed at one point. What does his mother look like?"”
Reading another comment aloud, she continued: “Are we sure this baby's even Gorka's? The amount of fellas she had, it could be anyone’s! Hope this relationship fails.”
Once again, the presenters managed to find the funny side of the extremely uncalled for comment and swiftly moved on.
Fans rushed to the comments on the Hits Radio Instagram page to praise Gemma for the way she handled the trolls.
Gemma is pregnant with her second child (Image: INSTAGRAM)
Gemma is engaged to Gorka (Image: INSTAGRAM)
“Love how you just get on with it and ignore the haters,” one listener penned.
While another commented: “Gemma, you’re amazing. Love the fact that you just crack on. Keep being you!”
“I bloody love this, instead of hurting you, which is what they intended… They’ve provided us all with a laugh. Haters make great comedians in a happy environment," another added. (sic)
Last weekend, Gemma shared her happy baby news with a black and white photo of herself proudly displaying her bump.
Monty Don and wife Sarah's financial struggles made him 'loony' [INSIGHT]
Stacey Solomon left tearful as she finally announces baby’s gender [LATEST]
Cheryl received ‘sign’ from Girls Aloud’s Sarah Harding through radio [NEWS]
“Impossible to hide my belly any longer. I've officially ‘popped'," she tweeted. “Our baby boy will be joining our family later this year.
“We feel so incredibly blessed and Grateful to be on this journey again. Mia is absolutely thrilled!
"Although we may need to do some negotiating on names, as so far she's adamant he's going to be called Barbie.”
Gemma and Gorka, who announced their engagement on 14 February 2021, have also sparked speculation that they recently tied the knot.
Gemma was showing off their newly-decorated kitchen earlier this week when eagle-eyed fans spotted a tiny detail that hinted the pair might have already secretly wed.
Two of their mugs lined up on the shelf were inscribed with the words ‘Mr’ and ‘Mrs’.
Despite many fans pointing out the detail, the couple are yet to confirm whether they have tied the knot.
Express.co.uk have contacted Gemma and Gorka's representatives for comment.
- Simon Cowell continues to show off changing looks as he exits BGT
- BBC Breakfast’s Sally Nugent in moving nod to Bill Turnbull’s daughter
- Nick Knowles rages over Johnny Herbert’s Sky exit ‘Paid the price’
- Amanda Holden showcases endless legs in tiny dress at BGT auditions
- Countdown’s Susie Dent explains why she turned down role ‘a few times’
- Strictly's Gemma Atkinson reveals how she REALLY feels about pregnancy weight gain
- Strictly's Gemma Atkinson reveals how becoming parents has changed her and Gorka Marquez in hilarious new post
- Gemma Atkinson shares new video with baby Mia and she looks just like her mum
- Strictly's Gorka Marquez praises Gemma Atkinson for always supporting him in heartfelt tribute
- How Gemma Atkinson snapped back into shape for Strictly Christmas special
- Strictly’s Gorka Marquez promised comeback to main show this series after being sensationally snubbed last year
- 'We've been broody for 10 years!' Strictly couple Janette Manrara and Aljaz Skorjanec discuss their future baby plans
- 'He told me that if there are romance rumours, we're going in the right direction!' Strictly's Nadiya Bychkova insists 'chemistry is important' as she discusses her stint with David James
- Are Kirstie Allsopp and Phil Spencer really a couple?
- Jean-Bernard wants his ring back: As Cheryl's marriage ends in just 14 seconds, her ex demands she return his late mother's heirloom and she says his 'unreasonable behaviour' made her thin
- 90 Day Fiance: The Other Way stars Ronald Smith and Tiffany Franco spark war of words after announcing their split amid cheating allegations
- Amanda Bynes 'will likely lose custody of baby to her father' amid her struggles with ongoing mental health issues
- How Natalie Wood found her husband in flagrante with their English butler: Her death sparked a 40-year mystery after a drunken night with husband Robert Wagner and Christopher Walken ended in tragedy. Now a bombshell new book makes a stunning claim...
- Maura Higgins' DOI partner Alex Demetriou's wife Carlotta Edwards breaks silence after marriage ends
- Rumours of George Clooney and Stacy Keibler split
- Adele 'sounds better than ever' claims OneRepublic frontman Ryan Tedder as he teases details of her highly-anticipated comeback album
- Amanda Bynes' lawyer says she 'is seeking treatment for ongoing mental health issues'... after star sparked speculation she is pregnant
- Strictly's Anton du Beke quizzed about retirement plans on This Morning
- Inside Vicky Pattison's beautiful home with lavish silver sofa and chic dining room
- Jack Whitehall 'is left besotted with stunning model Alexandra Schutz after enjoying a string of dates together'
Gemma Atkinson skewers claims her baby is ‘not Gorka's' as couple sparks marriage rumours have 1157 words, post on www.express.co.uk at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.