Kyiv ● Wed, January 25 2023
Several senior Ukrainian officials resigned on Tuesday in the biggest leadership shakeup of the war with Russia so far, in what an aide to President Volodymyr Zelensky called an answer to public calls for “justice”.
Some, though not all, of the resignations were linked with corruption allegations. Ukraine has a history of graft and shaky governance, and is under international pressure to show it can be a reliable steward of billions of dollars in Western aid.
“There are already personnel decisions, some today, some tomorrow, regarding officials at various levels in ministries and other central government structures, as well as in the regions and in law enforcement,” Zelensky said in an overnight video address.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- U.S. Sanctions Four Ukrainian Officials For Allegedly Helping Russia | The Daily Wire
- CNN's Chance: Ukrainian Officials Watched Biden 'With Horror' and Said He Gave 'The Green Light to Putin'
- U.S. sanctions Ukrainian officials alleged to help Russia
- U.S. sanctions 4 Ukrainian officials it says helped Russia with disinformation campaign
- ‘We want peace’: Blinken to meet Russian, Ukrainian officials, US says
- Kazakh president steps up purge of security agency after mass unrest
- German court finds Syrian official guilty of crimes against humanity
- Putin Talks to Ukrainian Leader as Videos Show Captured Russian Soldiers
- Russians Hacked Ukrainian Gas Company at Center of Impeachment
- North Korea coronavirus health chiefs face ‘purge’ by Kim as outbreak overwhelms regime
- China charges top security official for corruption
- Ukrainian Military Plane Is Shot Down as Russia Adds to Presence at Border
- Ukrainians wait as Russia faces off with the West
- EU dispatches most senior diplomat to Russia-Ukraine front as war fears mount
- US official: Russia prepping pretext for Ukraine invasion
- Kaspersky Software Traces Found at About 15 Percent of US Agencies: Official
- Assembly Elections 2022: VVIP Security Units Take Extra Steps as Job Gets Tougher Amid PM Security Row
- Brighton Senior Center Helps Keep Seniors Socializing And Active Through Pandemic
- Zero Emissions Vehicles At Scale: Steps To Replace Fossil Fuel Vehicles With Battery-Electric, Part 1
- U.S. Officials: Putin Personally Involved in U.S. Election Hack
Senior Ukrainian officials step down in rare purge have 388 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.