This is a carousel. Use Next and Previous buttons to navigate
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — A shootout at an Oakland gas station killed one person and wounded seven others in the second shooting involving several people on Monday night in the San Francisco Bay Area, police said.
Officers were sent to the scene on Macarthur Boulevard just after 6 p.m. and learned there had been a shooting between several people, a police statement said.
The officers found shell casings at the Valero gas station but no victims. However, dispatchers learned several victims had taken themselves to local hospitals for treatment of gunshot wounds.
One person died at a hospital and the others were listed in stable condition, police said.
No arrests were made and other details were not immediately released.
At least 19 shots were fired, according to a photo of the shell casings that appeared in the East Bay Times.
The shootout took place only a few hours after a gunman killed seven people at two locations on the outskirts of Half Moon Bay. Officers arrested a suspect, 67-year-old Chunli Zhao, after they found him in his car in the parking lot of a sheriff's substation, San Mateo County Sheriff Christina Corpus said.
Half Moon Bay is 24 miles (38 kilometers) southwest of Oakland and about 30 miles (48 kilometers) south of San Francisco.
- Suspect wanted in Pleasant Grove gas station killings arrested in Mesquite
- Man arrested in fatal shooting at gas station in Cleveland’s Collinwood neighborhood
- Shooting kills 1 at gas station Cleveland's West Side
- ‘Armed and dangerous’ duo wanted after robbing gas station, shooting truck driver
- White Woman Calls 911 On Black Anti-Violence Activists At South Carolina Gas Station
- Man wounded in gas station shootout on Fenkell
- Suspect in Fatal Shooting of Dorchester Gas Station Attendant Due in Court
- 2 dead, 1 wounded in shooting at gas station in Pleasant Grove
- Gas station employee killed in Little Woods shooting
- Gas station manager shot, killed near Oakville
- Man gravely wounded by gunfire outside south Minneapolis gas station
- 4 people stabbed, 1 fatally at west side Detroit gas station
- Birmingham Shell gas station to remain open after fatal shooting
- Letter to the editor: Fumes from Portland gas station threaten health of children at school
- Man arrested in fatal shooting at Shell gas station
- Police: 4 stabbed, 1 dies at Livernois gas station
- Milwaukee crew charged in gun-wielding taxi, gas station robberies
- Man killed 3 people last week, Springfield police say
- 2 teens killed, 5 people wounded in city shootings Wednesday
- Suicide attack kills 15 people in Afghan capital on election day
Shootout at Oakland gas station kills 1, wounds 8 people have 402 words, post on www.sfgate.com at January 24, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.