Fox News Flash top sports headlines for January 27
Fox News Flash top sports headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com.
Golden State Warriors guard Steph Curry may be one of the faces of the NBA, but even the four-time NBA champion has to follow the rules.
Curry was fined $25,000 for throwing his mouthpiece into the stands in the fourth quarter of Golden State's game against the Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday night.
Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry, right, reacts after being charged with a technical foul during the second half of the team’s NBA basketball game against the Memphis Grizzlies in San Francisco, Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023. Curry was ejected. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)
The NBA announced the fine Friday night, two days after the Warriors defeated the Grizzlies 122-120.
LEBRON JAMES, NBA WORLD REACT TO VIDEO OF POLICE BEATING TYRE NICHOLS: 'WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY'
The ejection was the third of Curry's career, all due to Curry throwing his famed mouthpiece.
With Golden State leading Memphis by two, late in the fourth quarter, Warriors guard Jordan Poole launched a deep three-point attempt as Curry clapped for the basketball.
After the shot – a miss by Poole – Curry turned and ran down the court, angrily throwing his mouthpiece out of bounds.
“Stephen Curry takes his mouthpiece and throws into the stands with force, as per rule, that is an automatic ejection,” referee Sean Wright said, according to ESPN.
Stephen Curry, #30 of the Golden State Warriors, looks on in the first quarter against the Memphis Grizzlies at Chase Center on January 25, 2023, in San Francisco, California. (Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM
After the game, Curry and Poole were seen hugging in the tunnel following Poole's game-winning layup with under three seconds remaining in the game.
“[It was] fire,” Poole said of the game-winner, according to ESPN. “It’s the only way to say it. It was pretty dope. . . . If anything, to take a positive from this, we know what to do in these crunch games. We’re getting a lot of experience with close games in the regular season, and that will definitely help us down the road.”
Following the win over the Grizzlies , Curry admitted that his ejection was ill-timed.
Stephen Curry, #30 of the Golden State Warriors, talks to referee Matt Boland, #18, during the game against the Memphis Grizzlies at Chase Center on January 25, 2023, in San Francisco, California. (Lachlan Cunningham/Getty Images)
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“Crucial time in the game, and the way our season has gone, there's questions about the heightened sense of urgency of every detail matters. And when you want something really bad . . . just getting a win,” Curry said. “And fourth-quarter execution, clutch-time-type situation, all that stuff does matter.”
“So, I reacted in a way that obviously put myself out of the game, put the team in a tough place. But the intentions and the energy about what matters and the sense of winning . . . that's what it's about.”
Joe Morgan is a Sports Reporter for Fox News.
- You Can’t Turn Steph Curry Into James Harden
- Ominous sign? Stephen Curry opens Warriors' new Chase Center with a ridiculous 40-foot airball vs. Lakers
- Lakers vs. Warriors score: LeBron James-Anthony Davis combo looks scary, Warriors look confused in Chase Center debut
- No longer champs, injured Warriors brace for unclear summer
- NBA championship odds: Clippers and Lakers considered 2020 title favorites as preseason action gets underway
- England storm to victory! Owen Farrell's men make it to first Rugby World Cup final since 2007 after defeating reigning champs New Zealand 19-7 in Japan – as delirious fans say they knew team would win after 'smirking' captain stared down the Haka
- Best Teeth Whitening Kits 2019: The best home treatments for removing stains and brightening your smile
- Team of the Week: Premiership, PRO14 and Top 14 standouts combine
- 5 Best Retro Games That You Can Emulate On Android
- NBA Winners and Losers: Anthony Davis beats New Orleans; Giannis, Bucks continue streaking; Knicks keep losing
- 7 New Nintendo Switch Games You’ll Want to Play in 2017
- 20 Best Offline Games on Android That Don’t Need Internet
- Joss Whedon's Astonishing, Spine-Tingling, Soul-Crushing Marvel Adventure!
- How Marvel Delivered The Grand Finale That “Game Of Thrones” Couldn’t
- The Psychology of the Bachelor Party
- ‘Uh-oh, Here Comes Trouble’: The Oral History of
- The NBA's Next Labor War Is Here
- How Many Squares Of TP Do You Use Per Wipe?
Warriors’ Steph Curry fined $25k for throwing mouthpiece that earned ejection have 747 words, post on www.foxnews.com at January 28, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.