– ● Wed, January 25 2023
The World Health Organization (WHO) is investigating whether there is any connection between manufacturers whose contaminated cough syrups it has linked to the deaths of more than 300 children in three countries, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters.
Citing "unacceptable levels" of toxins in the products, the WHO was seeking more information about the specific raw materials used by six manufacturers in India and Indonesia to produce medicines linked to the recent deaths, as well as whether the companies had obtained them from some of the same suppliers, the person said. The WHO has not named any suppliers.
The WHO also was considering whether to advise families globally to reassess the use of cough syrups for children in general while questions over the safety of some of these products were unresolved, the person said. WHO experts were evaluating the evidence for whether, or when, such products were medically necessary for children, the person said.
to Read Full Story
- Unlimited access to our web and app content
- e-Post daily digital newspaper
- No advertisements, no interruptions
- Privileged access to our events and programs
- Subscription to our newsletters
Or let Google manage your subscription
- Needles in apples, bananas as strawberry contamination scare spreads to six states
- Navigating Cold & Flu Season with Vicks® Children’s Cough & Congestion
- Eggs from British firm are linked to salmonella outbreak that caused at least 45 people to fall ill this year
- Gastro explosion leaves more than FIFTY people sick after a popular holiday resort's water supply is contaminated with E. coli
- Police investigating after mum claims to infect lollipops with son’s chickenpox in Brisbane
- Pork Products Recalled Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
- Cancer-Linked Contaminants Found In Roswell's Water: Report
- Iraq's depleted uranium clean-up to cost $30m as contamination spreads
- A former SVP at Juul is suing the company for shipping 1 million contaminated pods
- FDA Says It's Still Investigating Possible Link Between Some Dog Foods and Canine Heart Disease
- Texas-Based Egg Producer Draws FDA Rebuke Over Oklahoma Plant Conditions
- Media Headlines Leave THC Out Of Link To Fatal Vaping-Related Illness
- Mysterious Brazil oil spill linked to Greek-flagged ship that left Venezuela, investigators say
- Link found between gut health, autism symptoms
- Fusion GPS-Linked Group Worked With Tech Company Tied To Russian ‘False Flag’ Operation
- A Senate Democrat Reportedly Outsourced Parts Of The Trump-Russia Probe To Operative Linked To Soros, Fusion GPS
- US review of Russia probe now a criminal investigation — reports
- Common Funding Themes Link ‘Whistleblower’ Complaint and CrowdStrike Firm Certifying DNC Russia ‘Hack’
- 4th Of July Illnesses Potentially Linked To Lake Minnetonka
- Russia-linked posts 'reached 126m Facebook users in US'
WHO investigates link between producers of contaminated cough syrups have 443 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at January 25, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.