Jamaal Franklin. PBA IMAGES
MANILA, Philippines-The triple-double performance of import Jamaal Franklin in Converge's win over Rain or Shine on Thursday became more remarkable with one significant number.
As it turned out, Franklin registered zero turnovers during the contest at Philsports Arena in Pasig City on a night he had his best-passing game since arriving in the second game of the PBA Governors' Cup.
"That's what's up. That's what I want to do," Franklin said after the FiberXers' 112-98 victory where he had 25 points, 13 rebounds and 15 assists.
Franklin turned the ball over a combined 11 times in victories over Terrafirma and Magnolia, and he was keen on at least lessening his mistakes going into the Rain or Shine matchup.
He got more than what was expected.
"Stats-wise, it's my best passing game here," he said. "But I was turning the ball over a lot and we're always talking about the heart stats that people don't have on a piece of paper.
"Today, that was my objective, to not turn the ball over. I'm more about turnovers than assists," he added.
His desire to play the facilitator set up opportunities for the rest of the FiberXers, with rookie center Justine Arana leading the locals in scoring with 21 points.
"Coach [Aldin Ayo] stressed that the bigs will be open today," Franklin said. "They did a good job trying to make sure I couldn't shoot the ball, so I just found the open pass to the offense, and coach ran plays like high-low with Justine.
"Justine had one hell of a game, Abu [Tratter] had a productive game coming in (11 points and 10 rebounds). I had 15 assists, but I can't make assists without my teammates making shots, so credit goes to them."
- FMIA: Legion of Whom? Fast, Efficient Overhaul Has Seattle Set to Surprise
- Mistakes From the 100 Worst Movies of All Time
- Broncos Insider: How notable NFL players from Colorado are faring in 2020
- AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT and RX 6800 Review: Nipping at Ampere's Heels
- The Hill's Morning Report - At long last, Congress reaches COVID-19 relief deal
- Austin Ekeler exclusive: Rising with the Chargers, Anthony Lynn pressure & Justin Herbert’s growth
- Boris pledges billions to get Britain booming: PM says we'll 'bounce forward' with massive revival plan after coronavirus crisis... and proves he's 'full of beans' by doing press-ups on the No 10 carpet (and he's helping Carrie with the nappies)
- Manchester City 3-0 Marseille: Torres, Aguero and Sterling down Villas-Boas' men
PBA: Keen on limiting his errors, Jamaal Franklin delivers best passing game for Converge have 449 words, post on sports.inquirer.net at February 3, 2023. This is cached page on Travel News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.